From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Jump to: navigation, search
A traditional keyhole for a warded lock.

A keyhole (or keyway) is a hole or aperture (as in a door or lock) for receiving a key.[1] Lock keyway shapes vary widely with lock manufacturer, and many manufacturers have a number of unique profiles requiring a specifically milled key blank to engage the lock's tumblers.

See also


  1. Gove, Philip Babcock, ed. (1981). "keyhole". Webster's Third New International Dictionary of English Language. Merriam-Webster Inc. p. 1239.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>