From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Region||Solukhumbu and Khotang districts|
|15,000 in Nepal (2011 census)
unknown number in India
Khaling has a complex system of stem alternations: as many as 10 distinct stems have to be posited for a word (Jacques et al. 2012).
Khaling is very unusual in having an auditory demonstrative (see Jacques and Lahaussois 2014).
- Hale, Austin, editor. 1973. Collected papers on Khaling, Kulung, Darai, Newari, Chitwan Tharu. Nepal Studies in Linguistics, 1. Kirtipur: Summer Institute of Linguistics and Institute for Nepal and Asian Studies. vii, 87 p.
- Jacques, Guillaume, Aimée Lahaussois, Boyd Michailovsky, and Dhan Bahadur Rai. 2012. An overview of khaling verbal morphology. 'Language and linguistics' 13.6: 1095–1170. 
- Jacques, Guillaume; Lahaussois, Aimée (2014). "The auditory demonstrative in Khaling". Studies in Language. 38.2: 393–404.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jacques, Guillaume Khaling derivational morphology
- Toba, Sueyoshi and Ingrid Toba. 1972. Khaling phonemic summary. Tibeto-Burman Phonemic Summaries, 12. Kirtipur: Summer Institute of Linguistics and Institute of Nepal Studies, Tribhuvan University. 73 p.
- Toba, Ingrid. 1973. "The Khaling verb." Nepal Studies in Linguistics 1: 1-14.
- Toba, Sueyoshi and Ingrid Toba. 1975. A Khaling-English, English-Khaling glossary. Kathmandu: Summer Institute of Linguistics and Institute of Nepal and Asian Studies. xiii, 86 p.
- Toba, Ingrid. 1977. "Folk art and culture change as observed in a Khaling village." Kailash 5(1): 13-27.
- Toba, Sueyoshi. 1981. Khaling texts. Tokyo: Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa. 97 p.
- Toba, Sueyoshi. 1983. Khaling Texts. YAK 7. Tokyo: Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa
- Toba, Sueyoshi. 1984. Khaling. Tokyo: Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa
|This Sino-Tibetan languages-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|