King's Lynn Town F.C.
|Full name||King's Lynn Town Football Club|
|Ground||The Walks, King's Lynn|
|Capacity||5,733 (1,200 seated)|
|League||Southern Football League Premier Division|
|2015–16||Southern Football League Premier Division, 9th|
King's Lynn Town F.C. is an English football club based in King's Lynn, Norfolk. They were founded 2010 after the winding-up of their predecessor, King's Lynn F.C., and are members of the Southern League Premier Division. Their first season was successful, having managed to reach the FA Vase semi-final, the Norfolk Senior Cup final, and finished second in the United Counties Football League to St Neots. They repeated this feat in 2012 and were promoted to the Northern League Division 1 South. On 30 April 2013 they overhauled Coalville Town, who had a 17 point lead at one point, to win the league and gain promotion. King's Lynn Town returned to the Northern Premier League for the 2013/14 season, the league in which the previous club had folded in 2009. They finished 11th in their first season but struggled in the 2014/15 season, finishing in 19th position just above the relegation places. FA restructuring moved the Linnets into the Southern Premier League for the 2015/16 season. The club is affiliated to the Norfolk County FA.
The club plays at The Walks, the ground of their predecessor club, located on Tennyson Road. It has a capacity of 5,733, with 1,200 seats in a single stand, and is owned by King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council. Prior to the start of the 2010-11 season; new Chairman Keith "Buster" Chapman and the local Council oversaw a ground improvement programme that brought The Walks up to Conference standard. These included new turnstiles and ticket office, new toilets and perimeter fencing. Improvements were also made to the Main Stand including refurbishments to the bar and hospitality lounges, dressing rooms and a new cafe and club shop.
The new club retained the traditional blue and gold home colours of the original King's Lynn F.C. when reforming in 2010. The change strip colours have varied from season to season. The current kit supplier is Joma (having switched from Hummel in 2011/12). The main shirt sponsor is currently Optima Stainless.
At the home F.A. Trophy tie with Carshalton Athletic on 27 October 2012, the first team wore pink shirts in place of the usual blue and gold. After the match, which King's Lynn won 6-1, the players' shirts were auctioned off to help raise money for Cancer Research.
Reserves and Youth
King's Lynn Town Reserves have enjoyed continued success since the reformation of the club in 2010. Having joined the UCL Reserve League Division 2 for the 2010/11 season; they won that league and promotion at the first attempt. This was the first of four titles and promotions in their first four seasons through both United Counties League Reserve divisions and then both divisions of the Peterborough & District League.
After winning the Peterborough & District League Premier Division title at the end of the 2013/14 season, King's Lynn Town Reserves were accepted to play in the Thurlow Nunn League Division 1.
- 2010/11 UCL Reserve Division 2 - Champions
- 2011/12 UCL Reserve Division 1 - Champions
- 2012/13 Peterborough & District League Division 1 - Champions
- 2013/14 Peterborough & District League Premier Division - Champions
- 2014/15 Thurlow Nunn Division 1
In recent years the club has made efforts to focus more on local youth players rather than sourcing players from further afield. In June 2015 the club announced the formation of an Under-18s team  which was elected to the Thurlow Nunn Youth League for the 2015/16 season. Some of the players from the Under 18s team also featured in games for the Reserves and First Team during the 2015/16 season.
In March 2016 the club announced that an Under-16s team would be formed in partnership with the King's Lynn Community Football "Elite" scheme to attract and develop further young players.
- Best league position: 1st, Northern Premier League Division One South2012-13
- Biggest win (home): 10-1 vs Raunds Town (UCL Premier, 1 January 2011).
- Biggest win (away): 8-1 vs Yaxley (UCL Premier, 27 August 2011).
- Heaviest defeat (home): 1-6 vs Skelmersdale United (Peter Swales Challenge Shield final, 4 May 2013).
- Heaviest defeat (away): 1-6 vs Buxton (Northern Premier League, 12 March 2014).
- Highest Attendance: 2,354 vs Coalville Town (FA Vase Semi Final 2nd Leg, 2 April 2011).
- Most goals in a season: 45 - Jack Defty 2010/11 (36 League, 9 Cup).
- "LINNETS MOVED INTO SOUTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE". 14 May 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Finding "The Walks" Blue & Gold Supporters Trust
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.