|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Administrative region||Ionian Islands|
|• Municipal unit||27.7 km2 (10.7 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||5,122|
|• Municipal unit density||180/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Korissia (Greek: Κορισσία) is a former municipality on the island of Corfu, Ionian Islands, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Corfu, of which it is a municipal unit. It is in the southern part of the island. It has a land area of 27.675 km². Its population was 5,206 at the 2001 census. The seat of the municipality was the town of Argyrades (pop. 1,000). Its largest towns are Perivóli (pop. 1,420), Argyrádes, Petrití (663), and Ágios Geórgios (501).
The municipal unit Korissia is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Argyrades (Argyrades, Agios Georgios, Marathias, Neochoraki)
- Agios Nikolaos (Agios Nikolaos, Notos, Roumanades)
- Kouspades (Kouspades, Boukari)
- Perivoli (Perivoli, Potamia)
- Petriti (Petriti, Korakades)
- De Facto Population of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 39 MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)