Lorient South Brittany Airport
|Lorient South Brittany Airport
Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud
|IATA: LRT – ICAO: LFRH|
|Airport type||Joint Mil-Civ airfield|
|Operator||Morbihan Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Fleet Air Arm|
|Elevation AMSL||160 ft / 49 m|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
The Brittany region within France
Lorient South Brittany Airport or Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud (IATA: LRT, ICAO: LFRH), also known as Lorient-Lann-Bihoué Airport, is the airport serving the city of Lorient. It is situated 5 km west-northwest of Lorient, a commune of the Morbihan département in the Brittany region of France.
Airlines and destinations
operated by HOP!
It is also known as Base Aéronavale de Lann Bihoué and is one of the French Navy bases, currently hosting:
- Two combat flotillas (11F, 17F) equipped with Dassault-Breguet Super Étendard aircraft, suitable to fly naval and land combat and recce missions and nuclear deterrence missions
- One interception flotilla (12F) equipped with Dassault Rafale F1 aircraft, assuring air superiority
- One airborne radar flotilla (4F) equipped with Grumman E-2C Hawkeye aircraft, to secure the skies over the fleet and to control air-traffic
- One training/mission preparation unit
These units also form the airwing which is assigned to the aircraft carrier "Charles de Gaulle".
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 15 Aug 2019. (
- Lorient South Brittany Airport (official site)
- Base Aeronavale Lann Bihoue
- Lorient South Brittany Airport (official site) (English)
- Aéroport de Lorient-Bretagne Sud (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFRH at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for Lorient-Lann Bihoué Airport (LRT) at Aviation Safety Network
|This French airport-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|