Laura Jones (screenwriter)
|Born||1946 (age 72–73)
Jones started her career writing teleplays for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Her first feature film credit was the original screenplay for High Tide (1987), directed by Gillian Armstrong and starring Judy Davis. This was followed by her adaptation of the Janet Frame autobiography, An Angel at My Table (1990), which was directed by Jane Campion. She collaborated again with Campion, this time on The Portrait of a Lady (1996). The following years saw her team up with Armstrong on Oscar and Lucinda, as well as work on other literary adaptations for Hollywood.
Jones is a strong supporter of Australian filmmaking and during the 1990s served on the Australian Film Commission.
- Possession (2002)
- Angela's Ashes (1999)
- Oscar and Lucinda (1997)
- A Thousand Acres (1997)
- The Well (1997)
- The Portrait of a Lady (1996)
- An Angel at My Table (1990)
- High Tide (1987)
- Susan Sheridan, “Tirra Lirra and beyond: Jessica Anderson’s Truthful Fictions,” Australian Book Review 324 (2010): 48.
- "Jessica Anderson, 1916 - 2010". www.smh.com.au. Retrieved 2013-05-14.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Jones, Laura". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 20 October 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|