Lies of the Twins
|Lies of the Twins|
|Written by||Mel Frohman
|Directed by||Tim Hunter|
|Theme music composer||David McHugh|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||93 minutes|
|Original network||USA Network|
|Original release||August 21, 1991|
A fashion model embarks on a romantic affair with her psychiatrist. The relationship is thrown into question when the protagonist espies her lover with another woman. The man she sees winds up being his evil twin, complicating matters further.
- Aidan Quinn as James McEwan / Jonathan McEwan
- Isabella Rossellini as Rachel Marks
- Iman as Cat (sometimes credited as Elie)
- Claudia Christian as Felice
- Richard Harrison as Jack Roth
First airing on the USA Network, Lies of the Twins is based on the novel Lives of the Twins by Joyce Carol Oates, writing under the pen-name Rosamond Smith. In an interview, Oates indicated that the filmmakers "changed the plot quite a bit. I didn't watch it."
Lies of the Twins was produced by Tim Zinnemann for MCA Television Entertainment (MTE). Mel Frohman and Walter Klenhard prepared the teleplay, with Howard Smith serving as editor. David McHugh provided the film score and Peter Paul Raubertas supplied the production design. Declan Quinn, the brother of lead actor Aidan Quinn, was in charge of cinematography.
The film was generally well received by critics upon release.
- Jerry Roberts, Encyclopedia of Television Film Directors, Volume 1, (Scarecrow Press: 2009), p.267.
- Clifford Thompson, ed., Current Biography Yearbook 2005, 66, (H.W. Wilson: 2006), p.456.
- Leonard Mustazza, The Literary Filmography: Preface, A-L, Volume 1, (McFarland: 2006), p.316.
- Lawrence Grobel, Endangered species: writers talk about their craft, their visions, their lives, (Da Capo Press: 2001), p.354.
- Video Watchdog, Issues 9-14, (Tim & Donna Lucas: 1992), p.64.
- Architectural Digest, Volume 49, Issues 7-9, (John C. Brasfield Pub. Corp.: 1992), p.200.
- Harris M. Lentz, Science Fiction, Horror & Fantasy Film and Television Credits: Supplement 2, Through 1993, Volume 4, (McFarland: 1994), p.495.
- Enrico Lancia, Fabio Melelli, Attori stranieri del nostro cinema, (Gremese Editore: 2006), p.91.
- Jim Hillier, The New Hollywood, (Continuum: 1992), p.64.
- Harris M. Lentz, Science Fiction, Horror & Fantasy Film and Television Credits: Supplement 2, Through 1993, Volume 4, (McFarland: 1994)