Linda G. Alvarado
Linda G. Alvarado (born 1951) is President and Chief Executive Officer of Alvarado Construction, Inc., a large commercial and industrial general contracting/site management and design/build firm in Denver, CO. She is also President of Palo Alto, Inc. Restaurant Company, and co-owner of the Colorado Rockies baseball team.
Currently on the Board of 3M.
Awards and honors
- Revlon Business Woman of the Year (1996),
- Designated one of the 100 Most Influential Hispanics in America by Hispanic Business Magazine,
- Member of the President's Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans (1995–2001),
- The 1996 U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Woman of the Year distinction, honored by the prestigious Sara Lee Corporation Frontrunner Award,
- The 2001 Horatio Alger Award,
- Inducted into the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame (2002),
- Inducted into the National Women's Hall of Fame (2003),
- Named to the White House Commission for Hispanic Excellence in Education,
- Named Woman of the Year by the Mexican American Foundation,
- The National Women’s Economic Alliance Director’s Choice Award.
Ms. Alvarado’s recognition awards list for business and philanthropic activity is two pages long and still growing.
(Courtesy National Women's Hall of Fame.)
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|