||This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. (July 2014)|
|Original author(s)||Belledonne Communications|
3.9 - Linux, Mac, Windows
3.1.1 - Android, iOS1.0.2 - Windows Phone
|Operating system||Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, Mac OS, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone|
|Available in||Multilingual[clarification needed]|
|Type||Voice over IP, instant messaging, videoconferencing|
|License||GNU GPL version 2|
Linphone (contraction of Linux phone) is a free voice over IP (VoIP) service and SIP client, currently developed by Belledonne Communications in France. Linphone was initially developed for Linux  but now supports many additional platforms including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and mobile phones running Windows Phone, iOS or Android. It supports ZRTP for end-to-end encrypted voice and video communication.
Linphone is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and supports IPv6. Linphone can also be used behind network address translator (NAT), meaning it can run behind home routers. Linphone uses GTK+ for GUI and on Linux it can be also run as a console-mode application. It is compatible with telephony by using an Internet telephony service provider (ITSP).
- FreeBSD port of Linphone
- Linphone.org » Linphone » Licensing
- "LINPHONE, SIP video phone client". Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- AndroidTapp.com: Linphone Video, Make Phone Calls over Phone’s Internet without using Minutes
- Ostatic.com: Blog: Bye Bye Skype, Top 3 Free Replacements
- Linphone in the Google Play Store
- Linphone.org » Features
- "Free Sip service". Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to Wikidata.
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|