List of British breads
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
This is a list of British breads. British cuisine is the specific set of cooking traditions and practices associated with the United Kingdom. Bread prepared from mixed grains was introduced to Great Britain around 3700 BC.
- Bara brith
- Barley bread
- Barm cake
- Bread roll
- Cockle bread
- Cottage loaf
- Dripping cake
- English muffin – in England they are called muffins.
- Fried bread – a full English breakfast will often include fried bread.
- Lady Arundel's Manchet
- Lardy cake
- Milk roll -also known as a 'Blackpool milk roll'. Sold in most major supermarket chains e.g.: Tesco and Sainsbury's.
- Staffordshire oatcake called oatcakes by locals
- Pan loaf
- Plain loaf
- Stottie cake
A manchet loaf
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Breads of the United Kingdom.|
- ""History of bread", Bakers' Federation website". Bakersfederation.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-12-15.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- The Rotarian. January 2001. p. 12.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>