List of Colombian Americans
This is a list of notable Colombian Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are Colombian American or must have references showing they are Colombian American and are notable.
Artists and designers
- Guilloume - Colombian minimalist artist, self-described master of "Bolismo".
- Greg Giraldo, comedian.
- René Moncada - Colombian -born American artist
- Diego Suarez - (1888 - 1974) was a garden designer known for his work at James Deering's Villa Vizcaya in Miami, Florida.
Anchors and TV personalities
- Julie Banderas, Fox News anchor.
- Monica Fonseca - television presenter, journalist and blogger.
- Ingrid Hoffmann - Colombian-American television personality and restaurateur..
- Odette Annable - American actress of Colombian, French, and Cuban descent.
- Moisés Arias, American actor.
- Yancey Arias - American actor of Colombian and Puerto Rican descent.
- Stephanie Beatriz - American actress of Colombian father.
- Héctor Luis Bustamante - Colombian American actor.
- Adriana Cataño- American actress and television host.
- Alyssa Diaz - American actress of Colombian and Mexican-American descent.
- Paula Garcés, actress.
- Andrew Keegan, actor, mother is Colombian.
- John Leguizamo, actor and comedian.
- David López, actor.
- Kika Perez, born Ilva Margarita Perez, Colombian-American actress and TV host.
- Sonya Smith - American actress best known for her roles in telenovelas. Her mother is Venezuelan and her father is of Colombian partially descent.
- Brittany Underwood - American actress to Colombian mother.
- Wilmer Valderrama, actor. He is of Colombian and Venezuelan descent.
- Carlos Valdes - Colombian born American raised actor (The Flash (2014 TV series).
- Alexa Vega, American actress from Colombian father.
- Makenzie Vega - American actress, young sister of Alexa Vega.
- Sofía Vergara- Colombian actress, known for the series Modern Family.
- Sofia Carson - Colombians American Actress known for the movie Descendants
- Psycho Les - Hip Hop emcee of the group The Beatnuts.
- Adassa - American reggaetón singer-songwriter also known as the "Reggaetón Princess". He is son of Afro-Colombians parents.
- Ryan Cabrera - American singer born to a Colombian father and an American mother.
- Jason Castro, singer-songwriter.
- Freddy Cricien - American Emcee and vocalist for the hardcore band Madball.
- Robo, drummer (Black Flag, Misfits).
- Kike Santander, Colombian songwriter and producer naturalized in the United States in 2004.
- Yasmin Deliz- American singer-songwriter, model and actress of Dominican and Colombian and Venezuelan parentage.
- Carlos Dengler, former bassist of the band Interpol.
- Santiago Durango, guitarist (Big Black, Naked Raygun).
- Alex González (musician)- American-born musician of Cuban and Colombian origin.
- Ericson Alexander Molano - Gospel Christian singer.
- Erick Morillo- Colombian-American DJ, music producer and record label owner.
- Billy Murcia, drummer (New York Dolls).
- Marty Stuart - American country music singer-songwriter. He is of French, English, Choctaw, and Colombian descent.
- Tonedeff - American rapper, producer, and singer-songwriter. He was born to a Cuban mother and a Colombian father.
- Andrés Useche - Colombian American writer, film director, graphic artist, singer-songwriter and activist.
- DJ Yonny - American DJ, producer and remixer.
- Rob Swift - (born Robert Aguilar) is an American hip hop DJ and turntablist group The X-Ecutioners as of late 2005 and as of 2006; with Mike Patton’s project Peeping Tom. Rob Swift is on the faculty of Scratch DJ Academy in New York City.
- James Rodriguez, soccer player.
- Juan Agudelo, soccer player.
- Alejandro Bedoya - American soccer player.
- Daniel Barrera - American professional soccer player.
- Lou Castro - first Latin American born player to play in Major League Baseball in the United States, and the first Latin American since player Esteban Bellán in 1873 as a professional baseball player.
- Scott Gomez, NHL player (New York Rangers).
- Diego Gutiérrez (soccer) - retired Colombian American footballer.
- Eliot Halverson - American figure skater.
- George Hincapie, cyclist
- Carlos Llamosa, soccer player.
- Travis Pastrana - American motorsports competitor and stunt performer who has won championships and X Games gold medals in several events.
- Fuad Reveiz, former NFL player.
- Johnny Torres- Colombian-American soccer midfielder and coach.
- Nina Garcia, fashion journalist and critic (Project Runway, Elle, Marie Claire).
- Adrian Lamo, hacker and journalist.
- Manuel Teodoro, journalist (CBS News, Univision) (also has Filipino descent).
- Saeddien Mejía, private journalist (Will take your girl)
- Diana Farrell- member and one of two Deputy Directors of the United States National Economic Council (NEC) in the administration of President Barack Obama.
- Jeff Frederick - former member of the General Assembly of Virginia.
- Jorge E. Meneses- member of the City Council and current mayor of Hackensack, New Jersey.
- James Cañón - Colombian author.
- Mo Rocca - American writer, journalist, comedian and political satirist to Colombian (mother) and Italian (father) descent.
- Andrés Useche - Colombian American naturalized writer, film director, graphic artist and singer/songwriter.
- Sean Torres - Writer and creator of the Rey de Noches book series. His father is Colombian.
- Rodolfo Llinás - Colombian neuroscientist.
- Ana María Rey - Colombian physicist.
- Jaime Imitola - Colombian neuroimmunologist.
- José Luis Castillo (activist)- Colombian-American activist, politician, and non-profit community liaison in south Florida. He was born to a Dutch mother and a Colombian father in Netherlands. He lives in Florida.
- Arturo Escobar - Colombian-American anthropologist primarily known for his contribution to postdevelopment theory and political ecology.
- Will Jimeno, police officer, 9/11 survivor, portrayed in World Trade Center
- Andre Melendez - (1971 - 1996), better known as Angel Melendez, was a Club Kid and drug dealer who lived and worked in New York City.
- Beto Pérez - Colombian born American dancer and choreographer who created the fitness program Zumba in the 1990s
- Cristina Pérez, judge
- Alejandro Santo Domingo - Colombian American financier.
- Al Williamson - (1931 - 2010) American cartoonist, comic book artist and illustrator specializing in adventure, Western and science-fiction/fantasy.
- George Zamka, NASA astronaut
- Luis Rafael Zarama - Colombian-American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Stand up Latino & political comedian Greg Giraldo
- He was a grandson of the Colombian revolutionist and caudillo Francisco de Miranda. Biographical details are taken from an interview with Suarez reported in James T. Maher , Twilight of Splendor: Chronicles of the Age of American Palaces (Boston: Little, Brown) 1975:190-91.
- Ángela González (January 6, 2008). "Odette Yustman, in the company of monsters in 'Cloverfield'". New York: NY Daily News.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Moreno Valley|PE.com|Southern California News|News for Inland Southern California[dead link]
- Colombia Passport: Economics, Culture and Society: " 27 May 2009 archived version of Moisés Arias of Colombia", 23 March 2009. Link retrieved 25 March 2009. Cite: "If some Colombians dream with an American passport, there are cases of Americans who are proud of say they are Colombians. It is the case of New York-born actor Moises Arias, a teen heart throb and an American US television actor who is proud of the origin of his parents: Colombia."
- Andrew Keegan - Yahoo! TV
- "Sonya Smith's Biography at Biografia DVD"
- Alexa Vega (2005-05-11). "Alexa Forever Forums". RE: Questions for Miss Alexa Vega. Retrieved 2006-08-20.
My father's side is Colombian (bogota)... and I don't know why they said my mom was Italian. She's not. My family and I were trying to figure out what my mom was, but we can only go back to 5 generations and they were all from Florida. haha. so .. Floridian? ahhah... my moms last name is French though<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[dead link]
- Freddy Madball interview for Stefan Topuzov's Music Vault
- Lena Hansen (27 February 2008). "Las lecciones de vida de Kike Santander (The life lessons of Kike Santander). (In Spanish)". Retrieved May 22–26, 2010. Check date values in:
- Azerrad, Michael. Our Band Could Be Your Life: Scenes from the American Indie Underground, 1981-1991. Little, Brown and Company, 2001. ISBN 0-316-78753-1
- Jacobson, Mark. "The Icon: Doll Face", New York (magazine), September 23, 2002. Accessed May 28, 2009. "Then came the sad pictures: Johnny and Jerry, RIP, and Billy Murcia too, their first drummer, a Colombian from Jackson Heights, dead in a London bathtub."
- Scratch - Documentary
- "Gold Cup 2011". NJ.com. June 5, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011. Unknown parameter
|trans_title=ignored (help)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Bondy, Stefan. "Englewood native Alejandro Bedoya vies for U.S. spot", The Record (Bergen County), May 25, 2010. Accessed February 16, 2011.
- Barrera aiming high at Spartak at yanks-abroad.com, 16-12-2011
- NHL.com - NHL on NBC spotlight
- Daily Peloton - Pro Cycling News
- "Profile: Carlos Llamosa". Soccer Times. Retrieved 2009-04-13.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Tkacik, Maureen (2008-08-17), "America's Next Top Fashion Editor", New York Magazine, retrieved 2010-07-14<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jost, Lauren (2011-07-20). "Muñoz, Frederick Speak of Platforms in Forum". Woodbridge Patch. Retrieved 2011-09-13.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- “County Commission Candidates Line Up Endorsements” Miami Herald, August 24, 2000
- New York Daily News
- "Interview with Al Williamson," The Jack Kirby Collector #15 (April 1997), p. 16. Reprinted in The Collected Jack Kirby Collector Volume Three (TwoMorrows Publishing, 1999), p. 142. ISBN 978-1-893905-02-3
- Astronaut Bio: George D. Zamka (11/2007)