List of Roman Catholic seminaries
This is a list of Roman Catholic seminaries in the world, including those that have been closed. By the 2012 Pontifical Yearbook, the total number of candidates for the priesthood of the world is 118,990 at the end of the year 2010. These students are in 6,974 seminaries around the world; 3,194 diocesan seminaries and 3,780 religious seminaries.
- 1 Africa
- 2 Americas
- 3 Asia/Pacific
- 4 Europe
- 4.1 Albania
- 4.2 Austria
- 4.3 Belgium
- 4.4 Croatia
- 4.5 Czech Republic
- 4.6 France
- 4.7 Germany
- 4.8 Hungary
- 4.9 Ireland
- 4.10 Italy
- 4.11 Lithuania
- 4.12 Luxembourg
- 4.13 Netherlands
- 4.14 Norway
- 4.15 Poland
- 4.16 Portugal
- 4.17 Romania
- 4.18 Russia
- 4.19 Slovakia
- 4.20 Slovenia
- 4.21 Spain
- 4.22 Sweden
- 4.23 Switzerland
- 4.24 United Kingdom
- 5 See also
- 6 References
Congo, Democratic Republic of
- Grand Séminaire de Lubumbashi - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lubumbashi
- Grand Séminaire Jean XXIII - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kinshasa
- St. Gregory Seminary - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kumasi
- St. Paul's Catholic Seminary (Philosophy)
- St. Peter's Regional Seminary (Theology)
- St. Victor's, Tamale
- St. John Vianney Seminary, Barkin Ladi- Established in January 1958 by the late Right Rev. Dr. John Reddington for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Jos.
- Seat of Wisdom Seminary - Established in 1982; for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Owerri
- Seat of Wisdom Seminary (philosophy Campus) Ariam-Umuahia
- Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu - A provincial seminary for the Onitsha ecclesiastical province, established in 1950.
- St Albert the Great Idowu Ofonron Abeokuta, Ogun State
- St Joseph Major Seminary Ikot Ekpene
- St Thomas Aquinas Major Seminary Makurdi
- Pope JohnPaul 11 Major Seminary, Awka
- SS Peter and Paul, Bodija, Ibadan
- All Saints Seminary, Ekpoma
- Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kaduna
- Claretian Institute of Philosophy, Nekede
- Spiritan International school of Theology, Attakwu
- Spiritan Institute of Philosophy, Isienu
- St Augustine Seminary, Jos
- Blessed Iwene Tansi Major Seminary, Onitsha
- St John Vianney Seminary - Pretoria (National Seminary)
- St Francis Xavier Orientation Year Seminary (Cape Town)
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary for training priests of the Neo-Catechumenal Way (Cape Town)
- St Joseph’s Theological Institute
There are several Seminaries in Uganda divided into three; Junior, Minor and Major seminaries.
- St. Mbaaga Gaba National, St. Mary's Gaba National
- St.Thomas Aquinas Katigondo National Seminary
- Alokulum National Seminary,
- Kinyamasika National Seminary
Minor and Junior Seminaries
- Christ the King Seminary, Kisubi, St. Joseph's Seminary, Nyenga - minor seminary
- Mubende Seminary - in Nandele and Nyenga; minor seminary
- Nadiket seminary - for the dioceses of Kotido and Moroto
- Saint Charles seminary - in Lwanga; minor seminary
- Saints Gabriel and Raphael Seminary - located in Nswanjere; junior seminary
- St. Pius X Seminary - Nagongera - Located in Tororo district; West Budama County; Junior and Minor Seminary
- St. Paul's Seminary - Rushoroza - in Kabale for Kabale Diocese; minor seminary
- Kitabi Seminary in Bushenyi for Mbarara Arch diocsese; minor seminary
- Sacred Heart Mission for the Brothers of Divine Mercy; Missionary preparation
- sacred Heart seminary lacor-Gulu archdiocese
Argentina has 32 major seminaries.
- Facultades de Filosofía y Teología de San Miguel, San Miguel, Buenos Aires
- Seminario Mayor Nuestra Señora de Luján - for the Archdiocese of La Plata
- Seminario Metropolitano de Buenos Aires - for the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires
- Seminario Internacional Nuestra Señora Corredentora (SSPX)
- Seminario Mayor San luis, Cochabamba.
By the 'Organización de Seminarios Latinoamericanos' (OSLAM), there are 429 seminaries in Brazil. The following list is by leading Ecclesiastical Provinces.
- Seminário Missionário Bom Jesus - founded in 1844; for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Aparecida
- Seminário Redentorista Santo Alfonso - for the Archdiocese of Aparecida
Belém do Pará
- Seminário Dom Oscar Romeo - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Belém do Pará
- Seminário Maior Interdiocesano São Gaspar - for the Archdiocese of Belém
- Seminário Coração Eucarísto de Jesus - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Belo Horizonte
- Seminário Pavoniano Ludovico Pavani - for the Archdiocese of Belo Horizonte
- Seminário Maior Arquidiocesano Nossa Senhora de Fátima — for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Brasília
- Seminário Claret - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Campinas
- Seminário da Imaculada Teologia - for the Archdiocese of Campinas
- Seminário Arquidiocesano São José - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Curitiba
- Seminário Nossa Senhora Consolata - for the Archdiocese of Curitiba
- Seminário da Prainha - founded in 1864; for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Fortaleza
- Semonário Propedêutico D. Aluísio Lorscheider - for the Archdiocese of Fortaleza
- Seminário São José - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Niterói
- Seminário São Vicente de Paulo - for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Petrópolis
Olinda e Recife
- Seminário Maior Arquidiocesno Nossa Senhora da Conceição - for the Archdiocese of Porto Alegre
- Seminário Maior João Duns Scotus - for the Archdiocese of Porto Alegre
- Seminário de Teologia Bom Pastor - for the Archdiocese of São Paulo
- Seminário de Filosofia Santa Cura d'Ars - for the Archdiocese of São Paulo
- Seminário Paulino - for the Archdiocese of São Paulo
- Seminário São Francisco de Paula - for the Archdiocese of São Paulo
- Missionário Saletinos - for the Archdiocese of São Paulo
- Missionário Teológico Santa Mônica - for the Archdiocese of São Paulo
- Seminário Frei Galvão - located in Guaratinguetá in the state of Sao Paulo
- Seminário Nossa Senhora Aparecida - for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Campo Limpo
São Salvador da Bahia
- Seminário Central São João Maria Vianney - for the Archdiocese of São Salvador da Bahia
- Seminário Maior Santana Mestra - for the Archdiocese of São Salvador da Bahia
São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro
- Seminário São José - founded in 1739; for the Archdiocese of São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro
- Seminário Maior Palotino - for the Archdiocese of Rio de Janeiro
- St. Joseph Seminary (Edmonton, Alberta) - Opened in 1927
- Immaculate Conception Seminary - Located in Cornwall; currently run by the Legionaries of Christ
- St. Augustine's Seminary - Archdiocesan seminary of the Archdiocese of Toronto; established in 1913
- St. Peter's Seminary - Located in the Diocese of London, Ontario. Established in 1912, and affiliated with King's University College, University of Western Ontario
- St. Philip's Seminary - Archdiocesan seminary of the Archdiocese of Toronto; established in 1986
- Serra House - Archdiocesan house of formation of the Archdiocese of Toronto where pre-theology seminarians reside; established in 1984 as a House of Discernment to the Priesthood
- Grand séminaire de Montréal - Founded by the Society of Saint-Sulpice in 1840, serving the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Montreal
- Séminaire de Québec - Founded in 1663; for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Quebec
- Séminaire de Chicoutimi - For the Roman Catholic Diocese of Chicoutimi
- Séminaire de Saint-Hyacinthe - For the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saint-Hyacinthe
Colombia has 50 major seminaries.
- Seminario Mayor de Bogotá - for the Archdiocese of Bogotá
- Seminairo Misionero Arquidiocesano de Medellin - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Medellín
- Seminario Mayor Intermisional Colombiano San Luis Beltrán - located in Bogotá
There are 66 seminaries in Mexico. This list is by main Ecclesiastical Provinces.
- Seminario del Señor San José - for the Archdiocese of Guadalajara
- Seminario Diocesano de Guadalajara - for the Archdiocese of Guadalajara
- Seminario Arquidiocesnao Juan Navarrete y Guerrero - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hermosillo
- Seminario Conciliar de México - for the Archdiocese of Mexico
- Seminario Méxicano para las Misiones Extranjeras - located in Mexico City
Puebla de los Angeles
- Pontificio Seminario Conciliar Palafoxiano Angelopolitano - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Puebla de los Angeles
San Luis Potosí
- Seminarios Diocesanos de San Luis Potosi - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Luis Potosi
- Seminario Guadalupano y Josefino - For the Archdiocese of San Luis Potosi
- Seminario Conciliar de Nuestra Señora del Rosario y de San Ildefonso - for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Yucatán, located in the city of Mérida
- Seminario Mayor Nacional del Paraguay, Asuncion
- Seminario de Lima - for the Archdiocese of Lima
- Seminario de San Jerónimo - for the Archdiocese of Arequipa
- Regina Cleri Seminary (Ponce, Puerto Rico) – Diocesan seminary for the Diocese of Ponce, Puerto Rico.
According to the 2010 Official Catholic Directory, as of 2009 there are 189 seminaries with 5,131 students in the United States; 3,319 diocesan seminarians and 1,812 religious seminarians. By the official 2011 statistics, there are 5,247 seminarians (3,394 diocesan and 1,853 religious) in the United States.
- Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology (Berkeley) - Run by the Dominican Friars; opened in 1964.
- Franciscan School of Theology (Berkeley) - Run by the Franciscan Friars; opened in 1854.
- Immaculate Conception Apostolic School (Colfax) - Was run by the Legionaries of Christ but closed in 2011.
- Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University (Berkeley) - Run by the Society of Jesus; opened in 1969.
- Juan Diego House (Gardena) - Archdiocesan seminary.
- St. Anthony Seminary & College (Santa Barbara) - Run by the Franciscan Friars; opened in 1901.
- St. John's Seminary (Camarillo) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1939. Formerly operated by the Congregation of the Mission from 1939 to 1987.
- St. Patrick Seminary (Menlo Park) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1898.
- St. Peter Chanel Seminary (Berkeley) - Run by the Marist Fathers.
- St. Joseph's College (Mountain View) - Run by the Sulpicians; opened in 1924, closed in 1989 after extensive damage caused by the Loma Prieta earthquake.
- Blessed Junipero Serra House of Formation (Grand Terrace, California) - Run by the Diocese of San Bernardino; opened in 1995.
- St. John Vianney Seminary (Denver) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1999. Opened at the site of the former St. Thomas Seminary operated by the Congregation of the Mission from 1907 to 1995.
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary (Denver) - Archdiocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way; opened in 1996.
- Holy Apostles Seminary (Cromwell) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1960. Formerly run by the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles.
- Novitiate and College of Humanities of the Legionaries of Christ (Cheshire) - Seminary currently run by the Legionaries of Christ.
- St. John Fisher Seminary Residence (Stamford) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1989.
- St. Thomas Seminary (Bloomfield) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1897.
District of Columbia
- Blessed John Paul II Seminary - Archdiocese of Washington; opened in 2011.
- Dominican House of Studies - Run by the Dominican Friars; opened in 1905.
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary - Archdiocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way; erected 2001.
- Theological College - Run by the Society of St. Sulpice; opened in 1917.
- Washington Theological Union - Sponsored by seven religious communities; opened in 1968, closing 2013.
- St. John Vianney College Seminary (Miami) - Founded in 1959
- St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary (Boynton Beach) - Diocesan seminary; founded in 1963.
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary (Miami) - Archdiocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way; opened 2011.
- Catholic Theological Union (Chicago) - Run by twenty-four various religious institutes; opened in 1968.
- University of Saint Mary of the Lake (Mundelein) - Archdiocesan major seminary; opened in 1921.
- St. Joseph College Seminary (Chicago) - the college seminary for the Archdiocese of Chicago; opened in 1961 with the name Niles College Seminary and renamed and moved to its current location in 1994.
- Bishop Simon Bruté College Seminary (Indianapolis) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 2004.
- Moreau Seminary (Notre Dame) - Run by the Congregation of Holy Cross; opened in 1958.
- Old College, University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame) - Undergraduate seminary of the Congregation of Holy Cross; opened in 1843.
- Sacred Heart Apostolic School (Rolling Prairie) - Run by the Legionaries of Christ; opened in 2005.
- Saint Meinrad School of Theology (St. Meinrad) - Run by the Benedictine Monks; opened in 1857.
- Divine Word College (Epworth) - Run by the Society of the Divine Word; opened in 1931
- St. Pius X Seminary at Loras College (Dubuque) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1839.
- Notre Dame Seminary (New Orleans) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1923.
- St. Joseph Seminary College (St. Benedict) - Run by the Benedictine Monks; opened in 1891.
- Fulton Sheen House of Formation (Chillum) - Run by the Institute of the Incarnate Word; opened in 1998.
- Mount St. Mary's Seminary (Emmitsburg) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1808.
- St. Mary's Seminary (Baltimore) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1791.
- Pope St. John XXIII National Seminary (Weston) - Archdiocesan seminary for adult vocations; opened in 1964.
- Our Lady of Grace Seminary (Boston) - Run by the Oblates of the Virgin Mary; opened in 1978.
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary (Chestnut Hill) - Archdiocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way; erected 2005.
- St. John's Seminary (Boston) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1884.
- Sacred Heart Major Seminary (Detroit) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1919.
- Ss. Cyril & Methodius Seminary (Orchard Lake) - National seminary for Polish immigrants; opened in 1885.
- Blessed Jose Sanchez del Rio Minor Seminary (Mankato) -High school seminary run by the Institute of the Incarnate Word; opened in 2008.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary (Winona) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1948.
- Saint John’s School of Theology∙Seminary (Collegeville) - Saint John's School of Theology∙Seminary; opened in 1857 as Saint John's Seminary.
- St. John Vianney College Seminary (St. Paul)
- Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity (St. Paul) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1894.
- Conception Seminary College (Conception) - Run by the Benedictine Monks; opened in 1886.
- Kenrick–Glennon Seminary (Shrewsbury, St. Louis County) - Run by the Archdiocese of Saint Louis; founded in 1898.
- St. Mary's of the Barrens Seminary (Perryville) - Run by the Congregation of the Mission; operated 1818-1995.
- St. Vincent's Seminary (Cape Girardeau) - Run by the Congregation of the Mission; operated 1838-1979 as a minor seminary.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary (Denton) - Run by the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter; opened in 2000.
- St. Gregory the Great Seminary (Seward) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1998
- Immaculate Conception Apostolic School (Center Harbor) - Minor Seminary run by the Legionaries of Christ; opened in 1982, closed in 2015.
- Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology (South Orange) - Founded in 1860 and part of Seton Hall University.
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary (Kearny, New Jersey) - Archdiocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way; opened in 1991. Undergraduate and graduate theological studies take place at Seton Hall University.
- Blessed John Neumann Preparatory Seminary (Wayne, New Jersey) - Diocesan minor seminary founded in 1965; became co-ed college prep with name changed to Neumann Prep in the late 1970s; closed 1990.
- Christ the King Seminary (East Aurora) - Diocesan seminary; formerly run by the Franciscan Friars (1857–1990); previously located in Olean (1857–1974).
- Seminary of the Immaculate Conception (Huntington) - Bi-diocesan seminary; opened in 1926 for Diocese of Brooklyn and expanded to Diocese of Rockville Centre after diocese was established in 1957. Due to a restructuring of the seminary formation program for the Greater New York Area (the Archdiocese, Brooklyn, and Rockville Center), this seminary will close at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year and the house will be combined with St. Joseph's Seminary, in Dunwoodie.
- St. Joseph's Seminary (Dunwoodie) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1896. For the 2012-2013 academic year, St. Joseph's Seminary will be the newly combined site for major seminary formation for the Greater New York Area (the Archdiocese, Brooklyn, and Rockville Center).
- Cathedral Seminary House of Formation (Douglaston - Originally opened as Cathedral College to serve the Archdiocese of New York and the Dioceses of Brooklyn and Rockville Center in 1967, it was converted to Cathedral Seminary Residence in 1989. Cathedral Seminary Residence currently serves as the minor seminary for the Greater New York Area (the Archdiocese, Brooklyn, and Rockville Center) and for college-level seminarians from the Dioceses of Scranton, Syracuse, and Diocese of Fall River, Massachusetts
- Cardinal Muench Seminary (Fargo) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1962 and scheduled to close in June 2011; Sold in June 2013.
- Athenaeum of Ohio-Mount St. Mary Seminary (Cincinnati) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1829
- Borromeo College Seminary (Cleveland) - Diocesan seminary; opened in 1953.
- Pontifical College Josephinum (Columbus) - International seminary of pontifical status; opened in 1888
- Saint Mary Seminary and Graduate School of Theology (Cleveland) - Established in 1848
- Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary (Philadelphia) – Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1832. The current Theological Building was completed in 1871.
- St. Paul Seminary (Pittsburgh) – Diocesan seminary for the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- St. Vincent Seminary (Latrobe) – Diocesan seminary; Benedictine affiliated; opened in 1855.
- St. Mark Seminary (Erie) - Diocesan seminary.
- Assumption Seminary (San Antonio) - Archdiocesan seminary; established in 1915.
- Holy Trinity Seminary (Irving) - Diocesan seminary; established in 1964.
- Oblate School of Theology (San Antonio) - Run by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate; opened in 1903.
- St. Anthony Junior Seminary (San Antonio) - Run by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate; operated from 1905 to 1995. Taken over by the University of the Incarnate Word in 1995.
- St. Charles Seminary (El Paso) - Diocesan seminary.
- St. Mary Seminary (Houston) - Archdiocesan seminary.
- Redemptoris Mater Seminary (Dallas) - Diocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way.
- Sacred Heart School of Theology (Hales Corners) - Run by the Priests of the Sacred Heart; opened in 1932.
- St. Anthony Friary and Seminary (Marathon), Operated by the Capuchin Friars , opened in 1919, closed as a house of studies in 1970.
- Saint Francis de Sales Seminary (Milwaukee) - Archdiocesan seminary; opened in 1845.
- St. Lawrence Seminary High School (Mount Calvary) - Run by the Capuchin Friars; opened in 1860.
New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
- Good Shepherd Seminary - established at Homebush in 1996 by then Cardinal Edward Bede Clancy, is the seminary of the Archdiocese of Sydney, as well as NSW and ACT.
- Holy Spirit Seminary, Parramatta - established at St Mary's in the Diocese of Parramatta by Bishop Kevin Manning in 2008.
- Redemptoris Mater - seminary of the Archdiocese of Sydney for the Neocatechumenal Way.
- St Patrick's College - opened in 1889, was located at Manly. The seminary closed in 2005.
- Vianney College - established in Wagga Wagga by Bishop William Brennan in 1992.
- Pius XII Privincial Seminary, Brisbane - closed 2001.
- Holy Spirit Seminary, Brisbane - established by the Queensland Bishops in 2007 and opened by Cardinal Levada
- St Francis Xavier Seminary, Adelaide - closed 2001.
Victoria and Tasmania
- Corpus Christi College - established at Werribee in 1923 by Archbishop Daniel Mannix for the dioceses of Victoria, and later Tasmania as well. Moved to Glen Waverley in 1960, then to Clayton in 1973 and presently to Carlton in 2000.
- Redemptoris Mater - seminary of the Archdiocese of Perth for the Neo-Catechumenal Way.
- St. Charles Borromeo Seminary - established by Archbishop Barry James Hickey for the West Australian dioceses.
- St. Joseph's Seminary - for the Roman Catholics of Bangladesh
- Holy Spirit Major Seminary - for the Roman Catholics of Bangladesh
- Seminary of Our Lady of Fatima - minor seminary, located in Dare
- Seminary of SS Peter and Paul - major seminary, located in Fatumeta
- Pacific Regional Seminary of St Peter Chanel, Suva (founded 1962)
- Redemptoris Mater (seminary) (Guam) - Archdiocesan missionary seminary consisting of vocations from the Neocatechumenal Way.
- Little Flower Seminary, Institute of Philosophy and Religion, Aluva - 683101, Kerala, India (Run by CST Fathers, 1961)
- Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth Pontifical Institution of Philosophy and Religion, Pune - Founded in 1905 and run by Jesuits.
- Mary Matha Major Seminary: Seminary is run by Syro-Malabar Catholic Archdiocese of Thrissur
- Papal Seminary Pune - run by Jesuits.
- Divyadaan: Salesian Institute of Philosophy, Nashik - run by Salesians of Don Bosco
- Rachol Seminary - founded in 1521 for the church of Goa
- Society of the Missionaries of St. Francis Xavier, Pilar - founded in 1887
- St. Aloysius Seminary, Trivandrum - minor seminary for the Syro-Malankara Archeparchy of Trivandrum
- St. John's Regional Seminary - founded in 1965 for the church of Andhra Pradesh
- St. Joseph's Inter-diocesan Seminary, Mangalore - first established in 1763 and later at the current location in 1879
- St. Mary’s Malankara Major Seminary - center of priestly training of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church
- St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Vadavathoor, Kottayam, Kerala
- St. Agnes Minor Seminary, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
- Good Shepherd Seminary, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- St. Peter's Pontifical Institute of Philosophy and Theology (Major Seminary), Bangalore
- St. Pauls's seminary, Trichy
- St. Joseph's Pontifical seminary, Mangalappuzha, Aluva
- Dharmaram College, Major Seminary of Carmelites of Mary Immaculate, Bangalore
- Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Carmelites of Mary Immaculate, Pontifical Athanaeum of Philosophy Theology and Canon Law
- Good Shepherd Minor Seminary, Pala, India
- Good Shepherd Major Seminary, Kunnoth, India
- Seminari Petrus Kanisius Mertoyudan, Mertoyudan, Magelang
- Seminari Agung Santo Paulus, Keuskupan Agung Semarang, Yogyakarta
- Seminari Menengah Wacana Bhakti, Kolese Gonzaga, Keuskupan Agung Jakarta, Jakarta
- Seminari Menengah St. Yohanes Berkhmans Todabelu-Flores, Keuskupan Agung Ende, Flores
Israel and Palestinian Territories
- The Latin Patriarchate Seminary - in Beit Jala near Jerusalem, originally opened in 1852
- Custody of the Holy Land - in Jerusalem in the Old City of Jerusalem, originally opened in 1219
- Japan Catholic Seminary - two campuses; one in the Sulpician Seminary of Fukuoka, the other in Tokyo
- Good Shepherd College - Auckland, founded in 2001.
- Holy Cross Seminary - Founded in Dunedin in 1900, relocated to Auckland in 1997. National Seminary for the six dioceses of New Zealand.
- Holy Name Seminary - established in Christchurch, New Zealand in 1947; closed at the end of 1978 (was staffed by the Society of Jesus).
- St Mary's Seminary - established in 1850 by New Zealand's first Catholic Bishop, Jean Baptiste François Pompallier and closed in 1869 when Pompallier left the country.
- The Marist Seminary - for the training of Marist priests. It was first opened in 1889 in Hawkes Bay and was relocated to Auckland in 1992.
- Christ the King Seminary - seminary in Karachi, founded in 1956
- Redemptoris Mater Missionary Seminary - Karachi, founded in 2006
- St. Francis Xavier Seminary - Lahore, founded in 1994
- St. Mary's Minor Seminary, Lahore
- Our Lady of Lourdes Minor Seminary, Islamabad-Rawalpindi, founded in 1995
- St. Pius X Minor Seminary - Karachi, founded in 1958
- St. Thomas the Apostle Minor Seminary, Faisalabad, founded in 1981
- Our Lady of Sheshan Major Seminary of the Institute of the Incarnate Word, San Celestino, Lipa City
- Our Lady of La Salette College Seminary (Silang, Cavite)
- St. Augustine Minor Seminary-Minor Seminary of Iba, Zambales, Luzon covering Olongapo City and Zambales Province
- Augustinian Novitiate and Prayer House (Talisay City, Cebu) - Novitiate House of the Augustinian, Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu
- Society of the Divine Savior (Salvatorians) Father Otto Hopfenmuller Formation House, [Loyola Heights, Quezon City]
- Adorno Fathers Seminary (Vinzons, Camarines Norte) - Formation House Seminary of the Clerics Regular Minor Philippines
- Divine Word Seminary -Tagaytay City
- San Jacinto Seminary (Penablanca, Cagayan) - Minor Seminary of the Archdiocese of Tuguegarao
- Thomas Aquinas Major Seminary (Aparri, Cagayan) - Major Seminary of the Archdiocese of Tuguegarao
- Blessed John XXIII Seminary (Cebu City)
- Christ the King Mission Seminary (Quezon City) - run by the Divine Word Missionaries
- Cor Jesu Seminary (Dipolog City)
- Father Hannibal Formation Center - Manila (Parañaque City) - run by the Rogationists of the Heart of Jesus for seminarians from Luzon
- Saint Hannibal Formation Center - Cebu (Cebu City) - run by the Rogationists of the Heart of Jesus for seminarians from Visayas and Mindanao
- Diocesan Seminary of the Heart of Jesus (San Fernando La Union) - minor seminary
- Holy Rosary Seminary (Naga and San Jose, Camarines Sur) - seminary of the Archdiocese of Caceres
- Holy Trinity College Seminary (Daet, Camarines Norte) - college seminary of the Diocese of Daet
- Immaculate Conception Seminary (Guiguinto, Bulacan) - seminary of the Diocese of Malolos
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary (Tagbilaran City, Bohol)
- John Paul II Minor Seminary (Antipolo City, Rizal) - high school seminary of the Diocese of Antipolo
- Maradjao Magbalantay College Seminary (Surigao City, Surigao del Norte) - college seminary of the Diocese of Surigao
- Maria Assumpta Seminary (Cabanatuan City) - high school and college seminary of the Diocese of Cabanatuan
- Mary Help of Christians College Seminary (Dagupan City)
- Mary Help of Christians School Seminary (Binmaley, Pangasinan)
- Mary Help of Christians Theology Seminary (San Fabian, Pangasinan)
- Mary's Children Formation College (Tungkop, Minlanilla Cebu)
- Maryhurst Seminary (Baguio City)
- Mater Salutis College Seminary (Legazpi City, Albay) - college seminary of the Diocese of Legazpi
- Mother of Good Counsel Seminary (San Fernando City, Pampanga) - seminary of the Archdiocese of San Fernando de Pampanga
- Mount Saint Aloysius College Seminary (Gumaca, Quezon) - college seminary of the Diocese of Gumaca
- The Nativity of Our Lady College Seminary (Borongan City, Eastern Samar)
- Oblates of St. Joseph Major Seminary (Lipa City, Batangas)
- Oblates of St. Joseph Minor Seminary (San Jose, Batangas) - high school seminary
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Minor Seminary (Makati City) - high school seminary of the Archdiocese of Manila
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Seminary (Sariaya, Quezon) - Minor Seminary, Diocese of Lucena
- Our Lady of Peace College Seminary (Tarlac City) - Diocese of Tarlac
- Our Lady of Penafrancia Seminary (Sorsogon City) - high school and college seminary of the Diocese of Sorsogon
- Our Lady of the Angels Seminary (Quezon City) - (OFM) Franciscan College Seminary
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Seminary (Lucban, Quezon) - major seminary, Diocese of Lucena
- Our Lady of the Visitacion Seminary- Cauayan city Isabela
- Pope Paul VI Minor Seminary (Maasin City, Southern Leyte)
- Queen of Apostles College Seminary (Tagum City)
- St. Francis Xavier Regional Major Seminary of Mindanao (Davao City)
- Sacred Heart Seminary - Bacolod (Bacolod City)
- Sacred Heart Seminary (Palo, Leyte)
- Sancta Maria, Mater et Regina, Seminarium (Cagay, Roxas City, Capiz) - major seminary of the Archdiocese of Capiz
- Saint Albert the Great Seminary (Calamba City, Laguna) - pre-novitiate house of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans) Philippine Province
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Seminary (Lucena City, Quezon) - Theologate Degree, Diocese of Lucena
- St. Anthony High School Seminary (Masbate)
- Saint Augustine Senior-Major Seminary (Tagaytay City, Cavite) - seminary of the Apostolic Vicariate of Calapan
- St. Camillus College Seminary (Marikina City)
- Saint Francis de Sales Minor Seminary (Lipa City, Batangas) - Minor(High School) Seminary of the Archdiocese of Lipa
- Saint Francis de Sales Institute of Formation (Marawoy, Lipa City, Batangas) - Pre-College Seminary of the Archdiocese of Lipa
- Saint Francis de Sales Major Seminary (Marawoy, Lipa City, Batangas) - Major(College) Seminary of the Archdiocese of Lipa
- Saint Francis de Sales Theological Seminary (Marawoy, Lipa City, Batangas)- Theology Seminary of the Archdiocese of Lipa
- St. Francis Xavier Seminary (Baguio City)
- St. Francis Xavier College Seminary (Davao City)
- St. Gregory the Great Seminary (Panal, Tabaco City); Celebrating 50 years in Panal 2–3 September 2010. Minor Seminary for the Diocese of Legazpi
- St. John Evangelist School of Theology - seminary of the Archdiocese of Palo, Leyte
- St. John Ma. Vianney Formation House (Antipolo City)
- St. John the Baptist the Precursor Seminary (Marikina City)
- St. John Vianney Theological Seminary (Cagayan de Oro City)
- St. Joseph Major Seminary (Infanta)
- St. Joseph Pre-College Seminary (Alaminos City, Pangasinan)
- St. Joseph Seminary (Bangued, Abra)
- Saint Joseph Seminary (Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental)
- St. Joseph Seminary (Ipil)
- Saint Joseph Regional Seminary (Jaro, Iloilo City) - Major Seminary of the Archdiocese of Jaro
- Saint Joseph Seminary (Puerto Princesa City, Palawan)
- Sto. Nino Seminary (Numancia, Aklan) - minor and college
- St. Paul Seminary Foundation (Silang, Cavite)
- St. Peter College Seminary (Butuan City)
- St. Peter's Seminary (Mountain Province)
- St. Pius X Seminary (Lawaan, Roxas City, Capiz) - minor seminary of the Archdiocese of Capiz
- St. Therese Pre-College Seminary (Mati City, Davao Oriental)
- St. Vincent de Paul College Seminary (Calbayog City, Samar)
- Saint Vincent Ferrer Seminary - (Jaro, Iloilo City) - Minor Seminary of the Archdiocese of Jaro
- Seminario Mayor de San Carlos (Mabolo, Cebu City)
- San Carlos Seminary (Makati City) - major seminary of the Archdiocese of Manila
- San Agustin Center of Studies (Quezon City, Philippines) - Theology Seminary of the Augustinian, Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu
- San Agustin Seminary (Guadalupe Viejo, Makati City) - Late Vocations Seminary of the Augustinian, Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu
- San Carlos Seminary College (Cebu City)
- San Jose de Mindanao College Seminary (Cagayan de Oro City)
- San Jose Seminary (Katipunan, Quezon City) - Jesuit-run seminary for diocesan priests; in Ateneo de Manila University
- San Lorenzo Ruiz Seminary (Odiongan, Romblon)
- San Pablo Seminary (Baguio City) - major seminary (regional philosophy seminary of Northern Luzon)
- Seminario de San Jose (Puerto Princesa City, Palawan) - minor and major seminary
- Seminario de Jesus Nazareno (Borongan City, Eastern Samar)
- Seminario Mayor Recoletos (Baguio City)
- University of Santo Tomas Central Seminary - Dominican-run inter-diocesan seminary of the Philippines, found within the vicinity of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila
- Vincent Hills Seminary (Angono, Rizal)
- Don Bosco Prenovitiate Seminary ([Canlubang, Calamba City, Laguna])
- Don Bosco Sacred Heart Posnovitiate Seminary ([Canlubang, Calamba City, Laguna])
- Seminaryo ng Don Bosco (Parañaque City)
- Sons of Holy Mary Immaculate (Parañaque City)
- Society of the Divine Savior (Salvatorians) Father Jordan Formation House, [Amadeo, Cavite]
- Society of the Divine Savior (Salvatorians) Mater Salvatoris Theologate House, [New Manila, Quezon City]
- Pastor Bonus Seminary (Archdiocese of Zamboanga) Tetuan, Zamboanga City
- Holy Name of Mary Seminary, Tenaru, Guadalcanal Province. Inter-diocesan seminary founded in 1995.
- St Francis Xavier Major Seminary, - founded in 1983
At the end of the year 2011, there are 7 major seminaries in Korea; and the number of seminarians in these seven seminaries is 1,587 — from diocesan 1,317, religious & missionary 270.
- College of Theology, Catholic University of Korea - founded in 1855, currently located on the Songsin campus of Seoul; 'Songsin' means Holy Spirit in Korean.
- Department of Theology, Gwangju Catholic University, - founded in 1962, second oldest in Korea
- College of Theology, Catholic University of Daegu - founded by the Archdiocese of Daegu
- Department of Theology, Catholic University of Busan - also running the College of Nursing
- Department of Theology, Daejeon Catholic University
- Department of Theology, Incheon Catholic University - founded in 1995, also running the College of Religious Arts
- Department of Theology, Suwon Catholic University - founded in 1982
There are 8 major seminaries with 1,480 students in Vietnam.
- Saint Joseph Major Seminary of Hanoi - Major Seminary of the Archdiocese of Hanoi
- Vinh Thanh Major Seminary - Major Seminary in Vinh
- Saint Sulpice Major Seminary of Hue (Xuân Bích Major Seminary) - Major Seminary of the Archdiocese of Huế
- Maris Stella Major Seminary (Sao Biển Major Seminary) - Major Seminary in Nha Trang
- Saint Joseph Major Seminary of Saigon - Major Seminary of the Archdiocese of Ho Chi Minh City
- Saint Joseph Major Seminary of Xuan Loc - Major Seminary of the Diocese of Xuân Lôc
- Saint Quí Major Seminary (Thánh Quí Major Seminary) - Major Seminary in Cần Thơ
- Immaculate Conception Major Seminary Bui Chu (Đức Mẹ Vô Nhiễm Major Seminary of Bùi Chu) - Major Seminary of Diocese of Bùi Chu
And some minor seminaries:
- Sacred Heart Seminary of Thai Binh - Minor Seminary of the Diocese of Thái Bình
- Saint Nicolas Seminary of Phan Thiet - Minor Seminary of the Diocese of Phan Thiết
- Albanian Pontifical Seminary, Shkodër; Jesuit
- Collegium Canisianum - International seminary run by the Jesuits, in Innsbruck
- Priesterseminar Erzdiözese Salzburg - founded in 1699; for the Archdiocese of Salzburg
- Wiener Priesterseminar - founded in 1758; for the Archdiocese of Wien
- Priesterseminar Leopoldinum - founded in 1967, located in Heiligenkreuz bei Baden
- American College of the Immaculate Conception, Leuven - archdioceses and suffragan dioceses of the United States
- Grootseminarie van Brugge, Bruges - major seminary, diocese of Bruges
- Johannes XXIII-seminaire, Leuven - Dutch-speaking major seminary, archdiocese of Mechelen-Brussels and suffragan dioceses of Antwerp, Ghent and Hasselt
- Notre-Dame de la Strada Brussels
- Séminaire de Tournai - major seminary, diocese of Tournai
- Séminaire Diocésain Missionnaire International Redemptoris Mater Namur, Namur
- Séminaire épiscopal de Liège - major seminary, diocese of Liège
- Séminaire et Studium Notre-Dame de Namur - major seminary, diocese of Namur
- Séminaire Notre-Dame d'Espérance, Limelette - French-speaking minor seminary, for archdiocese Mechelen-Brussels and suffragan dioceses of Namur, Tournai and Liège
- Séminaire Saint-Paul, Louvain-la-Neuve - French-speaking archdioceses and suffragan dioceses worldwide
- Palacký University of Olomouc Saints Cyril and Methodius Faculty of Theology - interdiocesan seminary, located in Olomouc (1566-1939,1945–1950,1990-now), Litoměřice (1968–1974)
- Prague Seminary
- České Budějovice Seminary
- Grand séminaire de Besançon - for the Archdiocese of Besançon
- Community of Saint Martin - the training center at Candé-sur-Beuvron, Loire Valley
- Faculté Notre-Dame - Faculty of theology of École cathédrale de Paris; founded in 1984 by Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger
- Grand Séminaire de Grenoble - for the Diocese of Grenoble
- Grand Séminaire de Lyon - for the Archdiocese of Lyon
- Grand Séminaire de Rouen - for the Archdiocese of Rouen
- Grand Séminaire Saint Luc - for the Archdiocese of Aix
- Grand Séminaire Saint Joseph de Bordeaux - for the Archdiocese of Bordeaux
- Grand Séminaire Saint Sulpice - located in Issy-les-Moulineaux
- Séminaire des Carmes, Institut Catholique de Paris - founded in 1919; for the Archdiocese of Paris
- Séminaire Saint Yves - for the Archdiocese of Rennes
- Séminaire de Saint-Simon - for the Archdiocese of Metz
- Séminaire de LaCastille - Roman Catholic Diocese of Fréjus-Toulon
Under the Holy See
- Grand Séminaire de Metz - founded in 1745; for the Diocese of Metz
- Grand Séminaire Sainte Marie Majeure de Strasbourg - for the Archdiocese of Strasbourg
By main Ecclesiastical Provinces:
- Priesterseminar Berlin - for the Archdiocese of Berlin
- Priesterseminar Redemptoris Mater - Seminary of the Neocatechumenal Way in Berlin
- Collegium Albertinum - located in Bonn; for the Archdiocese of Cologne
- Priesterseminar Köln - for the Archdiocese of Cologne
- Sankt Georgen Graduate School of Philosophy and Theology - founded in 1926 by the Jesuits, in Frankfurt am Main; notable graduates include Cardinal Friedrich Wetter
- Studienhaus St. Lambert - interdiocesan seminary, located in Lantershofen, near Bonn
- Priesterseminar Trier - for the Diocese of Trier
Freiburg im Breisgau
- Priesterseminar Collegium Borromaeum - for the Archdiocese of Freiburg
- Priesterseminar St. Bonifatius Mainz - for the Diocese of Mainz
Munich und Freising
- Priesterseminar München (Priesterseminar St. Johannes der Täufer) - for the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising; founded in 1983
- Ducal Georgianum - in Munich
- Priesterseminar Regensburg (Priesterseminar St. Wolfgang Regensburg) - for the Diocese of Regensburg; founded in 1653
- Wigratzbad - Formally known as the International Seminary of St. Peter (ISSP; Internationales Priesterseminar St. Petrus); the headquarters of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, located in Wigratzbad-Opfenbach in the Diocese of Augsburg, Bavaria
- Collegium Leoninum (Paderborn) - In Paderborn; founded by pope Leo XIII for the Archdiocese of Paderborn
- Priesterseminar Paderborn - for the Archdiocese of Paderborn
- Priesterseminar Erfurt - for former dioceses of the GDR: Berlin, Dresden-Meissen, Erfurt, Magdeburg and Görlitz
There are two active diocesan seminaries in Ireland:
- St Patrick's College, Maynooth - national seminary for Ireland, established in 1795.
- St Malachy's College, including St. Joseph's Seminary, is diocesan seminary for the Diocese of Down and Connor.
The remaining diocesan seminaries are closed:
- All Hallows College was founded in 1842 for training priests for foreign dioceses. Closed in 2015.
- St. Brendan's College, Killarney - secondary school founded in 1860 which also prepared seminarians for the priesthood.
- Clonliffe College (Holy Cross College), for the Archdiocese of Dublin was founded in 1859, opened in 1861 and closed as a seminary in June 2000.
- Mungret College, Limerick, was a Limerick diocesan seminary until 1888 and a Jesuit school from 1882 until 1974.
- St Finbarr's College, Farranferris, Cork, was the minor seminary for the Diocese of Cork and Ross, it closed in 2006.
- St. Finian's College was founded in Navan as the Meath Diocesan College in 1802. It is now a boys secondary school.
- St. John's College, Waterford, founded in 1807, was exclusively for seminarians of the Waterford and Lismore Diocese from 1873 until June 1999.
- St Kieran's College, Kilkenny, was founded in 1782, priestly formation was discontinued in 1994.
- St. Patrick's, Carlow College was founded in 1782, opened in 1793. From 1892 it was only a seminary. In the 1990s, priestly formation was discontinued.
- St. Patrick's College, Thurles opened in 1837, exclusively a seminary from 1907 to 1988, ceased to function as a seminary in 2002.
- St Peter's College, Wexford was founded in 1811, seminary closed in 1999.
- St Vincent’s Seminary, Cork once trained priests, later became a secondary school.
Religious congregations also had houses of formation in Ireland:
- Franciscan Novitiate, Killarney, Co. Kerry. Built in 1860, students were then sent to St. Anthony's in Galway.
- St Anthony's College, Newcastle, Galway. Former Franciscan seminary, buildings now used by NUI Galway.
- Belmont House, Stillorgan, Dublin. Novitiate of the Oblates, originally founded near Glenmary, near Delgany in Co. Wicklow, moved in 1863.
- Belcamp Hall, Raheny, was the juniorate of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
- Moyne Park, Abbeyknocknoy, Ballyglunin, Co. Galway, in 1909 opened as a Camillian hospice, a seminary for the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart in 1936, closed in the early 1970s. was the home of Declan Ganley, Donovan and George MacBeth until his death in 1992.
- Dalgan House, Shrule, Co. Mayo. Built in 1801, and bought by the Duke of Bedford in 1853, it was a seminary for the Columbans in 1918 until 1941. It is now demolished.
- St Columbans College, Dalgan Park, Navan, was the seminary of the Columbans after 1941.
- St Patrick's, Donamon Castle, Co. Roscommon. Novitiate of the Divine Word Missionaries, opened 1939, closed in 1980.
- Kilshane, Co. Tipperary. Novitiate of Holy Ghost Fathers (the Spiritians), was purchased in August 1933 and opened as a Novitiate for both clerics and brothers.
- Kimmage Manor, Co. Dublin. Formation house of the Holy Ghost Fathers (the Spiritians) for those going on to Kilshane.
- Legion of Christ Novitiate, Leopardstown Road, Foxrock, Dublin. In April 1960, it opened in Bundoran, County Donegal. On 3 June 1962, it moved to Hazelbrook House, Malahide, to Foxrock in 1968 and closed in September 2011.
- Kinury, near Westport, Co. Mayo, was given to the Society of African Missions (SMA) in 1914 by Miss Sofia Crotty. It was used as a novititate and closed in 1924.
- Cloghballymore House, Ballinderreen, Kilcolgan, Co. Galway, was a tower house, then a country estate. In 1906, Count Llewellyn Blake owned it and gave it to the Society of the African Missions and was their novitiate from 1924 until the mid 1970s. Since 1981, it has been a nursing home.
- Ballinafad Minor Seminary was also given by Count Llewellyn Blake to the Society of the African Missions, operated until 1975 and was linked to Cloghballymore House.
- St Joseph's Seminary, Blackrock Rd, Cork. The original seminary of the Society of the African Missions, later transferred to Dromantine House.
- Dromantine House, Newry Co. Down, was a seminary of the Society of the African Missions from 1926 until 1972.
- St Augustine's College (Loughan House), Blacklion, Co. Cavan. Novitiate of the White Fathers from September 1955 and closed in 1970.
- Coláiste Mhuire, Marino, Dublin. Teacher Training Centre of the Irish Christian Brothers.
- St. Helen's, Booterstown, Dublin. Headquarters and novitiate of the Irish Christian Brothers, 1925 until 1988. Now a hotel.
- The Abbey, Loughrea, Co. Galway. Since 1645, it had a community of Discalced Carmelites, and trained novices since 1664. In 1882, a new novitiate was constructed, and extended in 1934. The novitiate is closed, but a community remains.
- Castlemartyr, Co. Cork, in 1930, had a Discalced Carmelite juniorate. It closed in 1996 and is now a hotel.
- Loughrea, Co. Galway, contained a novitiate of the De La Salle Brothers, which was active into the 1980s.
- Faithlegg House, Co. Waterford. In 1935, it was sold to the De La Salle religious institute by the Power family. It was a novitiate until the 1980s. It is now Faithlegg House Hotel.
- St Stanislaus College, Tullabeg, Tullamore. This was the novitiate of the Jesuits in Ireland until the move to Emo Court in 1930.
- St Mary's, Emo Court. Novitiate for the Society of Jesus in Ireland from 1930 to 1969.
- Manresa House, Dollymount, Dublin. After Emo Court, it was novitiate of the Irish Jesuits from 1969 to 1991. It now has the English-speaking Tertianship for Europe.
- Milltown Institute of Theology and Philosophy formed out of the Jesuit Theology Faculty, with the National University of Ireland validating its academic programmes.
- St Patrick's, Esker, Athenry, Co. Galway. Established on 18 August 1901 and until 1936 it was the Redemptorist Irish Province major seminary. From 1948 until 1969 it was the novitiate. In 1971, it became a retreat house.
- Cluain Mhuire, Galway, was a Redemptorist seminary, closed in the 1970s.
- Pallotine College Thurles, Co. Tipperary. Founded by the Pallotines in 1907, from 1909 to 1986 priests from the college would have studied at the nearby St. Patrick's College, Thurles.
- St Gabriel's, The Graan, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh. Novitiate of the Passionists, 1909–1976, is now a nursing home, although a community of Passionists remain onsite.
- Tobar Mhuire, Crossgar, Co. Down, (formerly Crossgar House). From 1950 until 1976, was the Passionist Juniorate, then a novitiate and as of February 2010, it is a Retreat and Conference Centre.
- St Paul's Retreat, Mount Argus, Dublin, was the Irish Passionist headquarters, and provided the final two years of formation for Passionist seminarians.
- Tanagh, Cootehill, Co. Cavan. Former Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary novitiate and seminary, now an outdoor education centre, and religious community remain.
- Mount St Marys, Milltown, Dublin. Seminary of the Marist Fathers. The site is now a Montessori College and the Irish Marist administrative headquarters.
The list includes some seminaries by principal Ecclesiastical Provinces.
- Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest - founded in 1990; international seminary located in Gricigliano, near Florence
- Seminario Maggiore Arcivescovile di Firenze - founded in 1712; for the Archdiocese of Florence
- Seminario Vescovile di Fiesole - founded in 1637; for the Diocese of Fiesole
- Seminario Vescovile di Pistoia - founded in 1783; for the Diocese of Pistoia
- Seminario vescovile di San Miniato - for the Diocese of San Miniato
- Seminario Arcivescovile di Genova - founded in 1962; for the Archdiocese of Genoa
- Seminario Vescovile di Savona - for the Diocese of Savona
- Seminario vescovile di Bergamo
- Seminario arcivescovile di Milano - founded in 1564; for the Archdiocese of Milan
- Seminario Diocesano di Pavia - founded in 1799; for the Diocese of Pavia
- Seminario maggiore di Como - for the Diocese of Como
- San Luigi Papal Theological Seminary of Southern Italy (Pontificia Facoltà Teologica dell'Italia Meridionale ; PFTIM) - located in Naples
- Seminario Arcivescovile di Napoli - founded in 1930; for the Archdiocese of Naples
- Pontificio Collegio Leoniano - founded in 1897, located in Anagni
- Pontificio Collegio Nepomuceno - founded in 1884, located in Rome
- Pontifical North American College - founded in 1859, located in Rome; the North American College was granted pontifical status placing it under the special patronage of the Apostolic See and the care of the Pope. The college, therefore, is the direct concern of the Congregation for Catholic Education and is under the immediate supervision of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Pontifical Roman Seminary (Pontificio Seminario Romano Maggiore) - founded in 1565, located at the Basilica of St. John Lateran in Rome
- Seminario della Fraternità Sacerdotale dei Missionari di San Carlo Borromeo - founded in the 20th century
- The Center for Higher Studies is run by the Legion of Christ for its own members.
- The Venerable English college founded in 1579 by Pope Gregory XIII and William Cardinal Allen with the desire to send priests back to minister to Catholics in England after the reformation
- The Pontifical Scots College Founded 5 December 1600 by Pope Clement VIII.
- Pontifical Irish College
- Seminario Vescovile di Teggiano - founded in 1564; for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Teggiano-Policastro
- Seminario maggiore di Padova - founded in 1566; for the Diocese of Padua
- Seminario vescovile (Vicenza) - founded in 1566; for the Diocese of Vicenza
- Kaunas Priest Seminary - The largest seminary in Lithuania serving the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kaunas
- Telsiai Bishop Vincentas Borisevicius Priest Seminary - Located in Telšiai
- Vilnius St. Joseph Seminary - For the dioceses of Vilnius, Panevėžys and Kaišiadorys.
- Het Ariёnsinstituut - In Utrecht in the centre of the Netherlands for the diocese of Utrecht, Breda and Groningen-Leeuwarden
- Rolduc - In Kerkrade of the southeastern Netherlands; for the Diocese of Roermond
- De Tiltenberg - For the Diocese of Haarlem-Amsterdam
- Sint-Janscentrum - For the Diocese of 's-Hertogenbosch
- Metropolitan Higher Seminary in Olsztyn - for the Archdiocese of Warmia
- Metropolitan Higher Seminary in Warsaw - for the Archdiocese of Warsaw
- Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne Archidiecezji Częstochowskiej - for the Archdiocese of Częstochowa
- Prymasowskie Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne w Gnieźnie - founded in 1583; for the Archdiocese of Gniezno
- Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne w Katowicech - founded in 1924; for the Archdiocese of Katowice
- Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne Archidiecezji Krakowskiej - founded in 1601; for the Archdiocese of Kraków
- Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne w Łodzi - founded in 1921; for the Archdiocese of Łódź
- Metropolitalne Seminarium Duchowne w Lublinie - for the Archdiocese of Lublin
- Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne w Opolu - founded in 1949; for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Opole and Roman Catholic Diocese of Gliwice
- Arcybiskupie Seminarium Duchowne w Poznaniu - founded in 1564; for the Archdiocese of Poznań
- Metropolitalne Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne we Wrocławin - founded in 1947; for the Archdiocese of Wroclaw
- Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne w Paradyżu - founded in 1952; for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Zielona Góra-Gorzów
- Seminário dos Passionistas - located in Barroselas of northern Portugal
- Seminário de Santa Joana Princesa - for the diocese of Aveiro
- Seminário Conciliar de São Pedro e São Paulo - for the Archdiocese of Braga
- Seminário dos Olivais - founded in 1931; for the Archdiocese of Lisbon
- Seminário de Caparide - for the Archdiocese of Lisbon
- Seminário Maior do Porto - for the diocese of Porto
- Seminário de São José de Vila Viçosa - for the Archdiocese of Évora
- Seminary of the Wisdom Incarnate in Alba Iulia, founded in 1753, serving the Archdiocese of Alba Iulia and the Dioceses of Satu Mare, Oradea and Timişoara.
- Seminary of St. Joseph in Iaşi, founded in 1886, for the Diocese of Iaşi and the Archdiocese of Bucharest.
- Saint Petersburg Roman Catholic Theological Academy - Mary Queen of the Apostles Seminary in St. Petersburg
Slovakia has 5 seminaries with 240 students in 2010.
- Kňazský seminár sv. Cyrila a Metoda in Bratislava - for the Archdiocese of Bratislava and Archdiocese of Trnava
- Kňazský seminár sv.Gorazda in Nitra - for the Diocese of Nitra and the Diocese of Žilina
- Kňazský seminár sv. Františka Xaverského in Banská Bystrica - for the Diocese of Banská Bystrica
- Kňazský seminár biskupa Jána Vojtaššáka in Spišská Kapitula - for the Diocese of Spiš and the Diocese of Rožňava
- Kňazský seminár sv. Karola Boromejského in Košice - for the Archdiocese of Košice
- Theological Seminary of Ljubljana - known for Semenišče; famous for beautiful baroque style library, near Ljubljana cathedral
Spain has 77 seminaries.
- Asidonia-Jerez Seminary - for the Asidonia-Jerez Diocese
- Seminario mayor de Barcelona - for the Archdiocese of Barcelona
- Seminario de Málaga - for the Diocese of Málaga
- Seminario Mayor San José - for the Archdiocese of Burgos
- Seminario Mayor Metropolitano del San Cecilio - for the Archdiocese of Granada
- Seminario Conciliar de la INMACULADA Y SAN DAMASO - for the Archdiocese of Madrid
- Seminario Mayor Nuestra Señora de la Asuncion - for the Archdiocese of Oviedo
- Seminario Mayor Compostelano - for the Archdiocese of Santiago de Compostela
- Royal Scots College - Seminary in Salamanca, for the church in Scotland
- Seminario Metropolitano de Sevilla - for the Archdiocese of Seville
- Seminario Mayor San Ildefonso - for the Archdiocese of Toledo
- Seminario Metropolitano la Inmaculada - for the Archdiocese of Valencia
- English College, Valladolid (Real y Pontifico Colegio de los Nobles Ingleses de San Albano) - for the Church in England and Wales, currently providing propadeutic formation
- Seminario Mayor San Valero y San Braulio - for the Archdiocese of Zaragoza
- Seminario de Valderas (León) - for the Diocese of León
- Priesterseminar St. Beat - For the Diocese of Basel, located in Luzern
- Priesterseminar St. Luzi - Affiliated with the Theologische Hochschule Chur ; for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Chur
- Séminaire St-Théodule - For the Diocese of Sion, located in Givisiez - Fribourg
- Séminaire St-Charles Borromée - For the Diocese of Lausanne, Geneva and Fribourg, located in Villars-sur-Glâne - Fribourg
- Seminario Diocesano San Carlo - For the Diocese of Lugano
The current active major seminaries of the United Kingdom are in England.
- St Mary's College, Oscott - The seminary of the Province of Birmingham.
- St John's Seminary, Wonersh - The seminary of the Province of Southwark.
- Allen Hall Seminary, London - The seminary of the Province of Westminster.
- Redemptoris Mater House of Formation, London - within the structure of Allen Hall, for the Neocatechumenal Way.
- Campion House, Osterley, seminary for late vocations run by the Society of Jesus
- Cotton College, minor seminary for Oscott College
- St Joseph Seminary, Mark Cross, minor seminary for St John's Seminary, Wonersh
- St Hugh's College, Tollerton, minor seminary for the Diocese of Nottingham
- St Joseph's College, Upholland, seminary for the North West of England
- Ushaw College, Durham, seminary for the Province of Liverpool, closed in 2011
- St Edmund's College, Ware, predecessor of Allen Hall
- Aquhorthies College, seminary for the Lowland District, replaced Scalan College merged with Lismore seminary to form Blair College in 1829
- Blairs College, closed in 1986
- Gillis College, replaced St Andrew's College, Drygrange in 1986, replaced by Scotus College in 1993
- Lismore Seminary, for the Highland District, merged with Aquhorthies College to form Blair College in 1829
- Scalan College, from 1717 to 1799, for the Lowland District, replaced by Aquhorthies College
- Scotus College, became the National Seminary for Scotland in 1993, closed in 2009.
- St Andrew's College, Drygrange, closed in 1986
- St Peter's College, Bearsden, for the Archdiocese of Glasgow from 1874 to 1946 when it burnt down in a fire
- St Peter's Seminary, Cardross, replaced St Peter's College, Bearsden, closed in 1980.
- St Vincent College, Langbank, a minor seminary from 1961 to 1978.
- St Mary's College, Aberystwyth, originally in Holywell, moved to Aberysterwyth in 1936, closed in 1970, for Welsh-speaking training, run by the Carmelites
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Catholic seminaries.|
- "Panoramio - Photo of Seminario mayor San Jose, Quito, Ecuador". panoramio.com.
- "DC PRIEST". dcpriest.org.
- Fargo diocese to close Cardinal Muench Seminary
- "History of St. Anthony's". St. Anthony's Spirituality Center.
- "Holy Cross Seminary". holycrossseminary.com.
- "Pacific Regional". prsfiji.com.
- "San Agustin Center of Studies". sacs-stvi.org.
- "St Francis Xavier Major Seminary". sfxms.org.sg.
- "대구가톨릭대학교". cu.ac.kr.
- "Séminaire de Tournai - Séminaire". seminaire-tournai.be.
- "Sminaire Notre-Dame de Namur". seminairedenamur.be.
- Joseph Thirionet. "Catho.be: Séminaires". catho.be.
- "Priesterseminar Erfurt". priesterseminar-erfurt.de. 10 April 2015.
- "Archdiocese of Dublin". dublindiocese.ie.
- Smith, William L. (June 14, 2004). Irish priests in the United States: a vanishing subculture. UPA. p. 33. ISBN 978-0761828266.
- "Irish Priests in the United States". google.ie.
- "Once-dominant Catholic church in Ireland closes another seminary - WorldWide Religious News". wwrn.org.
- "NCRegister - Ireland Faces Shortage In Seminaries and Parishes". National Catholic Register.
- "The naïve child who became Mr No". Independent.ie.
- "Ireland Old News". irelandoldnews.com.
- "CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Tuam". newadvent.org.
- "Literature Reference: American Literature, English Literature, Classics & Modern Fiction". jrank.org.
- "Dalgan". landedestates.ie.
- St Patrick's Noviciate of the Divine Word Missionaries
- Fr. Paul McAuley, C.S.Sp. "Home". spiritans.com.
- "About Us Archives - Kimmage Development Studies Centre". Kimmage Development Studies Centre.
- "Legionaries to close novitiate over lack of vocations". The Irish Times. 20 July 2011.
- Super User. "Welcome to the Society of African Missions website". sma.ie.
- "Advertiser.ie - Ballinafad College celebrates its centenary". Mayo Advertiser.
- "Cloghballymore". landedestates.ie.
- "Dromantine Retreat And Conference Centre - History Of Dromantine". dromantineconference.com.
- "Waterford Hotels, Hotels in Waterford, Luxury Hotel Waterford, Faithlegg House Hotel Waterford". faithlegg.com.
- "Centre for Creative Arts and Media (CCAM)". gmit.ie.
- "Introductiepagina - Portal Ariënsinstituut". ariensinstituut.nl. horizontal tab character in
|title=at position 20 (help)
- "St. Eystein presteseminar". katolsk.no.
- "Wyższe Międzydiecezjalne Seminarium Duchowne w Opolu Diecezji Gliwickiej i Opolskiej". wsd.opole.pl.
- Moderator. "Wydarzenia Seminaryjne". paradisus.pl.
- "Bem Vindo …". Seminário de Santa Joana Princesa.
- "S:t Sigfrids prästseminarium". prastseminariet.se.