List of Sabre and Fury units in the US military
List of Sabre and Fury units in the US military identifies the aircraft models, military branches, military units, and service years. The F-86 Sabre and FJ Fury was manufactured by the North American Aviation Company. Units existed in regular USAF, ANG, USN, and USMC squadrons.
USAF F-86 Units
- Source: Baugher F-86D
Air National Guard Squadrons
- 102d, New York ANG (1957-1959)
- 104th, Massachusetts ANG (1957-1965)
- 111th, Texas ANG (1957–1960)
- 120th, Colorado ANG (1960–1961)
- 122d, Indiana ANG (1957–1960)
- 125th, Oklahoma ANG (1957–1960)
- 127th, 184th Wing Kansas ANG (1958–1961)
- 128th, Georgia ANG (1960–1961)
- 133d, New Hampshire ANG (1958–1960)
- 146th, Pennsylvania ANG (1957–1960)
- 147th, Pennsylvania ANG (1958–1961)
- 151st, Tennessee ANG (1957–1960)
- 156th, North Carolina ANG (1959–1960)
- 157th, South Carolina ANG (1958–1960)
- 159th, Florida ANG (1956–1960)
- 173d, Nebraska ANG (1957–1964)
- 181st, Texas ANG (1957–1964)
- 182d, Texas ANG (1957–1960)
- 185th, Oklahoma ANG (1958–1961)
- 187th, Wyoming ANG (1958–1961)
- 190th, Idaho ANG (1959–1964)
- 191st, Utah ANG (1958–1961)
- 192d, Nevada ANG (1958–1961)
- 194th, California ANG (1958–1965)
- 196th, California ANG (1958–1965)
- 197th, Arizona ANG (1957–1960)
- 198th, Puerto Rico ANG (1958–1960)
- 199th, Hawaii ANG (1958–1961)
Air Force units
- 1st Fighter Interceptor Wing—F-86E
- 4th Fighter Interceptor Wing (334th, 335th, 336th Squadrons) -- F-86E, F
- 8th Fighter Bomber Wing (35th, 36th, 80th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 18th Fighter Interceptor Wing (12th, 44th, 55th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 21st Fighter Interceptor Wing (92d, 416th, 531st Squadrons)-- F-86F
- 33d Fighter Interceptor Wing (58th, 59th, 60th Squadrons) -- F-86E
- 36th Fighter Interceptor Wing (23d, 32d, 53d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 48th Fighter Interceptor Wing (492d, 493d, 494th Squadrons)-- F-86F
- 50th Fighter Bomber Wing (10th, 81st, 417th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing (16th, 25th, 39th Squadrons) -- F-86E, F
- 56th Fighter Interceptor Wing (61st, 62nd, 63rd Squadrons) -- F-86E
- 58th Fighter Interceptor Wing (69th, 310th, 311th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 81st Fighter Interceptor Wing (78th, 91st, 92d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 312th Fighter Bomber Wing (386th, 387th, 388th Squadrons) -- F-86H
- 322d Fighter Interceptor Wing (450th, 451st, 452d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 366th Fighter Interceptor Wing (389th, 390th, 391st Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 388th Fighter Interceptor Wing (561st, 562d, 563d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 406th Fighter Interceptor Wing (512th, 513th, 514st Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 450th Fighter Interceptor Wing (721st, 722d, 723d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 474th Fighter Interceptor Wing (428th, 429th, 430th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 479th Fighter Interceptor Wing (431st, 434th, 435th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- Source: Baugher Fury 
- FJ-3: VF-3, VF-33
- VF-173 based at Jacksonville, Florida, Sept. 1954
- FJ-3M: VA-172, VF-12, VF-62, VF-73, VF-84, VF-17.
- FJ-3D2: Guided Missile Squadron TWO / VU-8.
- FJ-3: VF-24, VF-91, VF-154, VF-191, VF-211
- FJ-3M: VF-21, VF-51, VF-121, VF-142, VF-143, VF-211.
- FJ-4B: VA-192
- USS Bennington (CVA-20) on May 8, 1955
- USS Forrestal (CV-59) on Jan. 4, 1956, VF-21
- USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) 1957-58
US Marine Corps units with FJ Fury
- Baugher, Joe. "North American F-86 Sabre." American Military Aircraft, 5 November 1999. Retrieved: 10 June 2011.
- Allward, Maurice. F-86 Sabre. London: Ian Allen, 1978. ISBN 0-7110-0860-4.
- Curtis, Duncan. North American F-86 Sabre. Ramsbury, UK: Crowood, 2000. ISBN 1-86126-358-9.
- Dorr, Robert F. F-86 Sabre Jet: History of the Sabre and FJ Fury. St. Paul, Minnesota: Motorbooks International Publishers, 1993. ISBN 0-87938-748-3.
- Knaack, Marcelle Size. Encyclopedia of US Air Force Aircraft and Missile Systems, Volume 1, Post-World War Two Fighters, 1945–1973. Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History, 1978. ISBN 0-912799-59-5.
- Swanborough, F. Gordon. United States Military Aircraft Since 1909. London: Putnam, 1963. ISBN 0-87474-880-1.
- Wagner, Ray. American Combat Planes – Second Edition. New York: Doubleday and Company, 1968. ISBN 0-370-00094-3.
- Wagner, Ray. The North American Sabre. London: Macdonald, 1963. No ISBN.