List of Sami dishes
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
- Gáhkko - Soft flatbread, baked in a frying pan or on a flat stone.
- Gárrpa - Thin, crusty bread.
- Ståmpå - Loaf
- Cloudberries - Eaten both fresh and as jam. Cloudberry jam goes well warm with ice cream.
- Coffee with cheese
- Guompa - angelica mixed with milk and left in barrels to ferment.
- Gumppus - Blood cakes and blood sausages boiled with potatoes and meat.
- Jåbmå - Leaves of Mountain sorrel cooked to a stew, usually served with sugar and milk.
- Dried fish of different kinds
- Guollemales - Cooked fish of any kind.
- Sállteguolle - Salted fish, either gravsalted or heavy salted.
- Suovasguolle - Smoked fish
- Bierggomales - Cooked meat of various kind, chops and sides are common. Also tongue, marrow bones, liver are a part of the Sami cuisine. The dish is more like a five-course dinner, with various parts served in order with hot broth straight from the pot.
- Bierggojubttsa - A soup containing meat, potatoes, carrots or other root vegetables.
- Guorppa - A kind of sausage made of minced meat wrapped in omentum.
- Gåjkkebierggo - Dried meat, eaten as it is or in soup with potato and rice.
- Mallemárffe - Blood sausage
- Sautéed reindeer
- Slåbbå - Blood pancakes
- Suovasbierggo - Smoked meat, eaten as it is or fried
- Smoked reindeer
- Annica Grundström, Karin Baer. Survival in Samiland: Cultural cookbook and stories after seasons. BoD - Books on Demand. p. 24. ISBN 9174635689.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "What Food Do You Just Have To Try On A Trip To Lapland?". Hotelandtransportation.com. Retrieved 12 June 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Torrents, Anna. "21 Cosas que no sabías de los Sami". Traveler.es. Retrieved 12 June 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Traditional Sami food by Samiskt Informationscentrum