List of Secretaries General of OPEC
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
- The first two Secretaries General were Chairs of the Board of Governors in OPEC, and ex-officio Secretaries General. The functions of the two positions were separated prior to the appointment of Secretary General Lutfi, in May 1965.
- The first five Secretaries General were chosen to represent OPEC's founding countries in alphabetical order.
- Due to political disagreements over the Secretary General position during the Iran–Iraq War, OPEC between mid-1983 and mid-1988 was led by Presidents with a mandate to supervise the Secretariat.
- "Secretaries General of OPEC 1961–2008" (PDF). OPEC. Retrieved 7 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "OPEC 168th Meeting concludes". OPEC (Press release). 4 December 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>