List of U.S. military vessels named after Presidents
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
These are vessels named for Presidents of the United States of America.
- George Washington, has had several vessels named after him before he died in 1799, including at least four in the 1770s and one in 1798, one in 1814 as well as an armored cruiser, a submarine and an aircraft carrier in the 20th century. (See also USS Washington).
- USS Washington (1775) was a schooner named Endeavor acquired by Gen. Washington in October 1775, renamed Washington, and re-rigged as a brigantine.
- USS Washington (1776) was a row galley that operated in Narragansett Bay during the winter and spring of 1776.
- USS Washington (1776) was one of 13 frigates authorized by the Continental Congress. She was launched in August 1776. Destroyed prior to commissioning.
- USS Washington (1776), a lateen-rigged two-masted galley, was built in the autumn of 1776.
- USS George Washington (1798) was a 24-gun sloop-of-war commissioned in 1798.
- USS Washington (1814) a ship of the line, was the second such to be launched by the Navy, and was on active service from 1815 to 1820.
- USS George Washington (SSBN-598), in commission 1959–1985.
- USS George Washington (CVN-73) was commissioned in 1992.
- John Adams, has had two ships named after him in 1799 before his death on 4 July 1826, as well as a submarine in the 20th century:
- Thomas Jefferson, has had one ship named in his honor before his death, as well as a submarine in the 20th century:
- James Madison, has had three vessels named for him before he died on 28 June 1836, as well as a submarine in the 20th century:
- James Monroe, has the:
- Andrew Jackson, has had three vessels named for him:
- Martin Van Buren, has had one vessel named in his honor before his death, as well as an indirectly named patrol frigate in the 20th century:
- James K. Polk, has had two vessels named for him:
- Abraham Lincoln, has two
- Ulysses S. Grant, has the
- Rutherford B. Hayes, has the
- Theodore Roosevelt, has had three vessels named in his honor, including:
- Woodrow Wilson, has the
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, has the
- Harry S. Truman, has the
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, has the
- John F. Kennedy, has the
- Lyndon B. Johnson, has the
- Gerald R. Ford, has the
- Jimmy Carter, has the
- Ronald Reagan, has the
- George H. W. Bush, has the
Ships Named for Two Presidents
- John Adams and John Quincy Adams:
- List of United States Navy ships
- List of active U.S. Navy ships, sorted by homeport
- List of U.S. Navy losses in World War II
- List of U.S. military vessels named after women
- List of aircraft carriers of the United States Navy
- List of submarines of the United States Navy
- List of patrol vessels of the United States Navy
- List of Presidents of the United States