Little Munden Primary School
|Headteacher||Mrs Jessica Balado|
|Location||Church Lane, Dane End
|Students||94 (2005) |
Little Munden Primary School is a Church of England voluntary controlled primary school in the village of Dane End, near Ware in Hertfordshire. It is a one-form entry school educating boys and girls aged between four and 11 years. There are four classes organised by age. The school roll varies but is generally between 85 and 100.
The school was founded in 1819 at All Saints Church in Little Munden by the Reverend J P Reynolds, who served as rector from 1819 to 1831. Reynolds helped to raise the finance for a new school on a separate site. The school was duly opened in 1826. A small extension for infants was added in 1869, and the school was further enlarged in 1900, 1970 and 1973.
Little Munden was originally a parish school serving children of all ages. In 1945, following the 1944 Education Act, under which it was stipulated that all children over 11 years old should attend secondary school, Little Munden became a primary school.
The Ofsted report of the inspection in November 2010 said "Pupils achieve well because of good teaching and an interesting curriculum. Good care, guidance and support and the school's very positive atmosphere contribute well to pupils' personal development.."
- "School Website: Welcome to Parents". Retrieved 18 July 2007.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- ""Little Munden Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School"". Department for schools, children and families. 2005. Retrieved 18 July 2007.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Statutory Instruments 1999 No. 2432 The Designation of Schools Having a Religious Character (England) Order 1999", Office of Public Sector Information
- "Little Munden School", Mundens.net, retrieved 18 July 2007
- History of Little Munden School retrieved 18 July 2007 Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Picture and description, Images of England, English Heritage retrieved 18 July 2007
- "Proposed Diversion Of Footpath 1 Little Munden Away From School Site", Hertfordshire County Council Development Control Committee, 6 February 2001
- "Inspection Report", Ofsted, 20 October 2003, retrieved 18 July 2007
- "Hertford Museum Newsletter, January 2007, No.48", Hertford Museum
- "Schools Newsletter: Spring 2007", Diocese of St Albans: Board of Education, retrieved 19 July 2007
- Official site
- Historic England. "Details from image database (161314)". Images of England.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.