|File:Love Serenade (1996 film).jpg|
|Directed by||Shirley Barrett|
|Produced by||Jan Chapman|
|Written by||Shirley Barrett|
|Edited by||Denise Haratzis|
|Distributed by||Miramax Films|
|20 May 1996|
There are not many characters in Love Serenade, which is set in a fictitious, almost-deserted town called Sunray, located on the Murray River. It is a thinly-disguised version of Robinvale, Victoria, which was the location of the movie.
We're introduced to a pair of sisters, Dimity (Miranda Otto) and Vicki-Ann (Rebecca Frith), who share a house. Dimity, the shy and insecure sibling, is a waitress at a local Chinese restaurant. Vicki-Ann, the brash one, is a hair stylist. Both are looking for love, although the prospects in Sunray seem bleak, at best. That is, until Ken Sherry (George Shetsov), a thrice divorced Brisbane DJ personality, moves into the house next door.
During the filming of the Silo Scene, Stuntman Collin Dragsbaek died when he fell onto a faulty airbag.
- Miranda Otto – Dimity Hurley
- Rebecca Frith – Vicki-Ann Hurley
- George Shevtsov – Kenneth 'Ken' Sherry
- John Alansu – Albert Lee
- Jessica Napier – Deborah 'Debbie'
- Jill McWilliam – Curler Victim
- Ryan Jackson – Boy on Bike (Ride)
- Sabrina Norris – Beautiful Baby
Love Serenade grossed $836,110 at the box office in Australia,.
- Love Serenade (1996)
- "Love Serenade". Film North West Victoria. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Love Serenade review
- Cahill, Phillippe (13 May 1999). "Oz biz under fire after two stuntmen die". Variety. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- "Festival de Cannes: Love Serenade". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- Film Victoria – Australian Films at the Australian Box Office