|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Molecular mass||397.4 g/mol|
MDMB-FUBINACA (also known as MDMB(N)-Bz-F and FUB-MDMB) is an indazole-based synthetic cannabinoid that is presumed to be a potent agonist of the CB1 receptor and has been sold online as a designer drug. Although there is no pharmacological information about MDMB-FUBINACA itself, its benzyl analogue (instead of 4-fluorobenzyl) has been reported to be a potent agonist for the CB1 receptor (Ki = 0.14 nM, EC50 = 2.42nM).
There have been a large number of reported cases of deaths and hospitalizations in relation to this synthetic cannabinoid, mainly in Russia and Belarus. MDMB-FUBINACA was first reported in 2014 and quickly gained a reputation as the most deadly synthetic cannabinoid drug sold to date. Up to 700 hospitalisations and 25 deaths were initially linked to MDMB-FUBINACA in media and government reports, and subsequent testing confirmed that at least 1000 hospitalisations and 40 deaths had occurred as a consequence of intoxication by MDMB-FUBINACA as of March 2015.
- "MDMB-FUBINACA". Cayman Chemical. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Buchler IP et al, INDAZOLE DERIVATIVES. WO 2009/106982
- Shevyrin V, Melkozerov V, Nevero A, Eltsov O, Shafran Y, Morzherin Y, Lebedev AT (Apr 2015). "Identification and analytical characteristics of synthetic cannabinoids with an indazole-3-carboxamide structure bearing a N-1-methoxycarbonylalkyl group". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 407: 6301–15. PMID 25893797. doi:10.1007/s00216-015-8612-7.
- "25 killed, over 700 hospitalized: Cheap ‘Spice’ designer drug causes severe poisoning across Russia". 7 October 2014. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Выступление председателя ГАК, директора ФСКН России В.П. Иванова на заседании ГАК 6 октября 2014 г.". Federal Drug Control Service of the Russian Federation. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- I. Bulygina (21 October 2014). "Clinical presentations of intoxication by new psychoactive compound MDMB(N)-Bz-F. Thesis of The II Scientific and Practical Seminar ‘Methodical, Organizational and Law Problems of Chemical and Toxicological Laboratories of Narcological Services’, Moscow". Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Очередная жертва спайса". Federal Drug Control Service of the Russian Federation. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
|This cannabinoid related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|