MV Celestyal Odyssey
MV Explorer departing Southampton, June 2013.
|Port of registry:|
|Builder:||Blohm + Voss, Hamburg, Germany|
|Status:||in active service, as of 2018[update]|
|Length:||180 metres (590 ft)|
|Beam:||25 metres (82 ft) or 84 feet (26 m)|
|Draft:||24 feet (7.3 m)|
|Decks:||7 total, 6 passenger|
|Propulsion:||4 x Wartsila 9L46C, 45360 bhp (11340 bhp per engine) = 37800 KW (9450 KW per engine) http://myship.com/imo/9183518/EXPLORER|
|Speed:||30 knots (56 km/h; 35 mph)|
MV Celestyal Odyssey is a Malta-registered passenger ship. The ship was built in Germany in 2001 by Blohm + Voss and originally named Olympia Explorer. The ship was later renamed MV Explorer when it began sailing for the Semester at Sea program in 2004. The ship remained with them until 2015.
In May 2015, the ship was renamed Celestyal Odyssey and began sailing for Celestyal Cruises, under the flag of Malta.
In September 2015 it was announced that Celestyal Cruises has terminated their three year contract of owning the Celestyal Odyssey. The ship will leave the fleet late October 2015.
- "Explorer (9183518)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. Retrieved 2013-Jan-28. (Registration required (. )) Check date values in:
- "Vessel's Details". Explorer.
- "Explorer". MarineTraffic.com. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Professional photographs from shipspotting.com
- "Explorer (9183518)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. Retrieved 2013-05-20. (Registration required (. ))
|This article about a specific civilian ship or boat is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|