Ghassemi in May 2015
|Alma mater||University of Southampton|
|Occupation||CEO of Bank Pasargad |
|Political party||Moderation and Development Party (1999–2007)|
Majid Ghassemi (Persian: مجید قاسمی) is an Iranian banker, business magnate, and investor. Ghassemi originally established his reputation as the governor of Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran, from 1986 to 1989.
Early life and education
Majid Ghassemi was born in Tehran, Iran in 1952. He attended Dar ul-Funun high school with a concentration on mathematics and received his bachelor's degree from Allameh Tabataba'i University in Business Management. After participating in an exam held by Central Bank of Iran, he won a scholarship for an accounting postgraduate course in Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey, United States. He is also graduated from University of Southampton, Uk with a master's of Economics and a PhD. degree in the same concentration. 
After winning the Central Bank's scholarship Ghassemi started working in Central Bank. In 1985 during the Iran-Iraq War, he was chosen as CEO of Bank Melli Iran. A year later he was elected as the governor of Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran and was in office until 1989. He then took positions in Iranian Ministry of Industries and Mines as the minister's deputy and CEO of several affiliate companies active in steel industries and mining. In 2005, Ghassmi established Bank Pasargad as the Iran's fifth private bank after Islamic Revolution. Presently, he is the CEO and vice chairman of Bank Pasargad and a board member in some of the bank's affiliates. 
- "Annual Report 2012/2013" (PDF). Bank Pasargad. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "الف - متن استعفای 4 عضو شورای مرکزی حزب اعتدال و توسعه" (in فارسی). Alef. 26 November 2007. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Introducing Bank's CEO". Bank Pasargad. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Expediency Discernment Council Deputies". Iranian Expediency Discernment Council. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "رئیس کل بانک مرکزی مشخص شد". mashregh news. 25 August 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "سه انتصاب ولایتی در مرکز تحقیقات استراتژیک". Fars news. 22 December 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2015.