Malaysia Act 1963
|Long title||An Act to make provision for and in connection with the federation of North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore with the existing States of the Federation of Malaya.|
|Citation||1963 Chapter 35|
|Royal assent||31 July 1963|
|Relates to||British Nationality Act 1981
British Overseas Territories Act 2002
Status: Current legislation
|Text of statute as originally enacted|
The Act made provisions for the federation of the States of North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore with the existing States of the Federation of Malaya merge with the states of North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore and the union was renamed Malaysia. As a result of the Act, the Federation of Malaya was renamed Malaysia on 16 September 1963.
Singapore ceased to be a state of Malaysia on 9 August 1965, becoming an independent state instead.
- Malaysia Agreement was signed on 9 July 1963 at London
- British Nationality Act 1981
- British Overseas Territories Act 2002
- Constitution of Malaysia
- See: Federation of Malaya Independence Act 1957
- See: United Nations Security Council Resolution 125
- See : Agreement relating to Malaysia between United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Federation of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore – Annex A – Malaysia Bill
- myGovernment : History of the Constitution – The basis of the Federal Constitution of Malaysia is the Constitution of the Federation of Malaya.
- See: the Independence of Singapore Agreement 1965 and the Acts of the Parliament of the United Kingdom Singapore Act 1966.
- The UK Statute Law Database:
- Chronological table of the statutes; HMSO, London. 1993. ISBN 0-11-840331-1
- Agreement Relating to Malaysia between Governments of United Kingdom, Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore
- Hansard of Parliament of the United Kingdom Malaysia Bill
Works related to Hansard of Parliament of the United Kingdom (1963) – Malaysia Bill at Wikisource
|This legislation article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|