|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Controlled by||United States Army Air Forces|
Manduria Airfield is a World War II airfield in Italy, located approximately 5 km north of Manduria, and about 390 km east-southeast of Naples. It was used by the United States Army Air Force Twelfth Air Force and later Fifteenth Air Force B-24 Liberator heavy bomber airfield.
- HQ 47th Bombardment Wing, 1 October 1943-15 May 1945
- 68th Tactical Reconnaissance Group, November 1943-April 1944, (Various Photo-Reconnaissance Aircraft)
- 98th Bombardment Group, 19 December 1943-17 January 1944, B-24 Liberator
In aerial imagery, the main runway, taxiways and many dispersal pads are clearly evident.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This article about an airport in Italy is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|