From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Manfred Aschner (Hebrew: מנפרד אשנר; 21 May 1901 – 1989) was an Israeli microbiologist and entomologist.
Aschner was born in Germany in 1901. He emigrated to Mandate Palestine (now Israel) in 1924 and joined in the efforts to eradicate malaria from the country.
- In 1956, Aschner was awarded the Israel Prize, for the life sciences.
- ↑ Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'strict' not found.
- Articles containing Hebrew-language text
- University of Breslau alumni
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem alumni
- Technion – Israel Institute of Technology faculty
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem faculty
- Israel Prize in life sciences recipients
- Israel Prize in life sciences recipients who were biologists
- German emigrants to Mandatory Palestine
- German Jews
- Jews in Mandatory Palestine
- Israeli Jews
- 1901 births
- 1989 deaths
- Israeli microbiologists
- Israeli people stubs