|IATA: MHQ – ICAO: EFMA|
|Location||Jomala, Åland, Finland|
|Elevation AMSL||17 ft / 5 m|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
Mariehamn Airport (Swedish: Mariehamns flygplats, Finnish: Maarianhaminan lentoasema) (IATA: MHQ, ICAO: EFMA) is located in Jomala, Åland, Finland, some 3 kilometres (2 mi) north-west of Mariehamn town centre. It served 48,672 passengers in 2010 and is operated by the state owned Finavia.
The airport has a duty-free shop. Passengers can buy goods, e.g. alcohol, without VAT and other taxes. This is allowed before flying to any destination outside Åland, even to Finland. Normally local taxes must be paid in airport shops before travelling inside the EU, but Åland is outside the EU VAT area, for the very reason to allow tax-free sales onboard ferries and at the airport. Åland is in other respects a part of the EU.
The Aero Flight 217 aviation accident that resulted in 22 deaths occurred near the airport in 1963.
Airlines and destinations
operated by Nordic Regional Airlines
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
- "EFMA Mariehamn" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Finavia. 1 July 2010. pp. EFMA AD 2.1, 1–8. Retrieved 8 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2010" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. pp. 7, 9. Retrieved 8 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Media related to Mariehamn Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Finavia – Mariehamn Airport (official website)
- AIP Finland – Mariehamn Airport
- Current weather for EFMA at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for EFMA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for MHQ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Accident history for MHQ at Aviation Safety Network