Mayor of Montclair, New Jersey
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Mayors of Montclair, New Jersey:
- Robert D. Jackson, 1987 to 1988, 2012 to present.
- Jerry Fried, 2008 to 2012.
- Ed Remsen, 2004 to 2008.
- Robert J. Russo, 2000 to 2004.
- William Farlie, 1996 to 2000.
- James Bishop (Montclair mayor), 1992 to 1996.
- Clifford Lindholm II, 1988 to 1992.
- Laurence J. Olive, 1986 to 1987.
- James Ramsey (Montclair mayor), 1984 to 1986.
- Mary Veronica Mochary (born 1942), 1980 to 1984.
- Matthew G. Carter, 1968 to 1972. First black mayor of Montclair, New Jersey.
- Harold Hayes (mayor), c. 1966.
- Bayard Hilton Faulkner, (1894–1983) c. 1950.
- Howard F. McConnell, (1873-1933) 1920 to 1924.
- Louis F. Dodd, c. 1914.
- Ernest C. Hinck, c. 1911.
- Henry V. Crawford c. 1907.
- David Doremus Duncan, 1904 to 1907.
- "New Jersey Senate Campaign: Two Profiles in Determination". New York Times. October 31, 1984. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
She was Mayor of Montclair, a general-practice lawyer elected to office here, once a Cub Scout den mother and president of the New Jersey Wellesley College club, a woman 'so photogenic,' according to the publisher of the local newspaper, that merchants called asking to appear in photographs with her.
- "Mostly White Newark Suburb Gets Negro Mayor". Jet magazine. June 6, 1968.
Matthew G. Carter was sworn in as the first Negro mayor of Montclair, NJ, a suburb of Newark with a well-to-do population of 43,000 that is three-quarters white. The town commission named him ...
- Manual of the Legislature of New Jersey. p. 417.
Mr. McConnell was appointed Commissioner of Parks and Public Property in Montclair in 1919 to fill an unexpired term and in May, 1920, was chosen Mayor of Montclair for a four year term. He was appointed a member of the State Board of ...
- "New Montclair Board Organizes Next Week". New York Times. May 10, 1928. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
Former Mayor Howard F. McConnell, a member of the New York Stock Exchange, barely was elected to fifth place, with 3988, all choice votes. ...
- Delta Phi catalogue, 1827-1907. Delta Phi. 1907.