Milford Mill, Maryland
|Milford Mill, Maryland|
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Country||United States of America|
|• Total||7.0 sq mi (18.1 km2)|
|• Land||7.0 sq mi (18.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||495 ft (151 m)|
|• Density||4,100/sq mi (1,600/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867296|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 7.0 square miles (18 km2), all of it land.
The true name of the area is "Milford", but the name "Milford Mill" has stuck with the community. The name "Milford Mill" comes from the name of an old mill located in nearby Pikesville along Milford Mill Road.
Milford Mill is located at Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found. (39.347356, -76.760924).
Milford Mill is near the Baltimore County communities of Pikesville, Randallstown, and Woodlawn, around the intersection of Liberty Road and Milford Mill Road. Some areas of Milford Mill are as follows:
Windsor Mill is an area near Woodlawn that is similar to Milford Mill. Some of the main roads in the area include Windsor Mill Road, Windsor Boulevard, and Rolling Road. Landmarks in this area include Windsor Mill Middle School and Rutherford Business Park.
Rockdale is mostly near Liberty Road and Lord Baltimore Drive to Rolling Road coming off from I-695. Landmarks in this area include schools like Scotts Branch Elementary and Old Court Middle School. Stores and food areas in the area include the Milford Shopping Center (which is on the left-hand side), Giant Food, and Shoppers Food Warehouse.
As of the census of 2000, there were 26,527 people, 10,467 households, and 6,855 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 3,804.3 people per square mile (1,469.5/km²). There were 11,217 housing units at an average density of 1,608.7 per square mile (621.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 16.19% White, 79.06% African American, 0.21% Native American, 1.67% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.74% from other races, and 2.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.82% of the population.
There were 10,467 households out of which 34.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 35.4% were married couples living together, 24.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.5% were non-families. 27.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.49 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 27.7% under the age of 18, 8.9% from 18 to 24, 33.2% from 25 to 44, 21.0% from 45 to 64, and 9.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 82.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 76.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $43,976, and the median income for a family was $49,177. Males had a median income of $33,725 versus $31,230 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,195. About 6.7% of families and 8.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.8% of those under age 18 and 10.0% of those age 65 or over.
Government and infrastructure
Baltimore County Public Schools operates public schools.
- Woodlawn-Rockdale-Milford Mills, Maryland, 1960 census-designated place
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Milford Mill CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 29, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-18.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Baltimore Division." Federal Bureau of Investigation. Retrieved on June 9, 2015. "2600 Lord Baltimore Drive Baltimore, MD 21244"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Milford Mill CDP, MD" (Archive) (Map 2). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on June 9, 2015.