Glaser in 2003
June 26, 1929 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Known for||Graphic design|
|Spouse(s)||Shirley Girton Glaser (ca. 1956 – present)|
|Awards||Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award Lifetime Achievement, 2004
National Medal of Arts, 2009
Milton Glaser (born June 26, 1929) is an American graphic designer. His designs include the I ♥ NY logo, the psychedelic Bob Dylan poster, the DC bullet logo used by DC Comics from 1977 to 2005, and the Brooklyn Brewery logo. He also founded New York Magazine with Clay Felker in 1968.
Glaser was born in New York City. He graduated from Cooper Union. Ιn 1954 he co-founded Push Pin Studios, along with fellow Cooper grads Edward Sorel, Seymour Chwast, and Reynold Ruffins. Glaser and Chwast directed Push Pin for twenty years, while it became a guiding reference in the world of graphic design.
Glaser is the subject of the 2009 documentary film To Inform and Delight: The World of Milton Glaser.
- McGookin, Steve (2007-09-28). "Fifty Years Of Loss". Forbes. Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved 2008-04-26.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Brooklyn Brewery logo
- Pushpin Group website, accessed June 6, 2008.
- Holden, Stephen (May 22, 2008). "Movie Review: "To Inform and Delight: The World of Milton Glaser"; Artist With His Signature on the City". New York Times.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Lifetime Achievement Winner: Milton Glaser". Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- White House Announces 2009 National Medal of Arts Recipients