Eesti Miss Estonia was identified for first time in 1923. After a long break, the contest was held for the first time again in 1988, 65 years after the first ever Miss Estonia contest.
The first Miss Estonia was elected in 1923, her name was Sinaida Tamm. The competition was arranged by "Estonia Film" and the main aim was to find a new actress. In 1925 the competition was arranged by a major newspaper "Päevaleht". In 1931, Lilli Silberg was the first runner up at the Miss Europe contest in Paris. In 1932, Nadezda Peedi-Hoffmann was elected Miss Estonia and she held the title for 56 years, until 1988, when Heli Mets was awarded the title.Since then Estonia has had 15 beauty queens.
Miss Estonia has been participating in the Miss Universe pageant since 1993, starting with Kersti Tänavsuu.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Year||Eesti Miss Estonia||Achievement/Notes|
|1923||Sinaida Tamm||Did not compete|
|1925||Antonie Bergmann||Did not compete|
|1929||Meeta Kelgo||Did not compete|
|1930||Amalie Smager||Did not compete|
|1931||Lilly Silberg||1st Runner-up Miss Europe 1931|
|1932||Nadezda Peedi-Hoffmann||Did not compete|
|1988||Heli Mets||Did not compete|
|1989||Cathy Korju||Did not compete|
|1990||Liis Tappo||Miss Baltic Sea 1992|
|1991||Erika Bauer||Did not compete|
|1992||Ruth Merila||Did not compete|
|1993||Lilia Üksvärav||Did not compete|
|1994||Eva Maria Laan||Miss Baltic Sea 1995|
|1997||Kristiina Heinmets||Top 10 Miss Universe 1997|
|1998||Kadri Väljaots||Miss Baltic Sea 1999|
|2000||Evelyn Mikomägi||Top 10 Miss Universe 2000 and Global Beauties Sexiest Woman Alive 2000|
|2003||Maili Nomm||Did not compete; the 1st Runner-up, Katrin Susi represented Estonia at the Miss Universe 2003.|
|2005||Jana Kuvaitseva||Due to personal reasons, Jana withdrew at the Miss Universe.|
|2008||Kadri Nogu||Did not compete; the 1st Runner-up, Julia Kovaljova represented Estonia at the Miss Universe 2008.|
|2009||Diana Arno||Competed at the Miss Asia Pacific World 2011|
|2011||Madli Vilsar||Competed at the Miss International 2013 and Miss Supranational 2015|
|2012||Natalie Korneitsik||Took the title of Miss Estonia after Kätlin Valdmets resigned.|
- In 1993, Kersti Tänavsuu (Miss Estonia 1993 First runner up) became the first Estonian representative in the Miss Universe pageant.
- Other times that the first runner up replaced the original winner in Miss Universe competition are Mari Loorens (1998), Katrin Susi (2003) and Julia Kovaljova (2008).
- In 2005, Jana Kuvaitseva didn't compete in Miss Universe 2005 for unknown reason but none of her runners up was sent to Thailand.
- The pageant produces 4 Miss Baltic Sea winners: Liis Tappo (1992), Eva Maria Laan (1995), Kadri Väljaots (1999) and Dagmar Makko (2001).