Mob Psycho 100
|Mob Psycho 100|
Cover for the 11th Tankobon Volume
(Mobu Saiko Hyaku)
|Genre||Supernatural, Horror, Comedy|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Sunday Web Comics|
|Original run||April 18, 2012 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Yuzuru Tachikawa|
|Written by||Hiroshi Seko|
|Music by||Kenji Kawai|
|Original run||July 2016 – scheduled|
Mob Psycho 100 (Japanese: モブサイコ100 Hepburn: Mobu Saiko Hyaku?) is a Japanese webcomic created by ONE, which began publication on Weekly Shōnen Sunday Web Comics on April 18, 2012. A Chinese translation started publication in Taiwan on April 16, 2014. while being serialized on Shogakukan's mobile app MangaONE of the same year in December.  A television anime adaptation by Bones is scheduled to air in July 2016.
Kageyama Shigeo is an average middle school boy, called Mob (モブ means John Doe) for lacking a sense of presence. He is also credited as Salt Middle School's urabanchou known as White T Poison. Although he seems like an inconspicuous person, he is in fact a powerful Esper. As he grows older, Mob realizes his psychic power is dangerous. To avoid his power getting out of control, he constantly lives a life under emotional shackle. Mob wants to live just like others, but a barrage of trouble comes to him. With the suppressed emotions growing inside Mob little by little, his power threatens to spill over its bounds.
- Kageyama Shigeo (影山茂夫?)
- Voiced by: Setsuo Ito
- The main protagonist, an eighth grader nicknamed Mob (モブ), is an incredible Esper with powerful psychic abilities. Helmet hairstyle is his defining physical feature. He is not good at reading the atmosphere, and since childhood, he has rarely felt or displayed intense emotion. He thinks his power is not necessary in his life, so he avoids using it. He suppresses his emotions to keep his power in control; when the percentage of his accumulated feelings reaches 100, he will "explode." He works at Reigen's spirit counsel for 300 yen an hour. When he was asked to join the Telepathy Club so they wouldn't be disbanded, he was introduced to the Body Improvement Club, which he then joined to become popular.
- Reigen Arataka (霊幻新隆?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai
- Mob's master, a self-proclaimed psychic who has his own spirit counsel (the "Talk About Spirits Agency"), which is cheap compared to competitors. He wasn't getting much business, but after setting up a homepage on the internet, the amount of assignments has increased. He is essentially a con artist and excels in persuasion, speech, and perception, as well as massage and whack-a-mole. He is clever and agile, claiming to have a greenbelt of Shaolin boxing. He is very afraid of cockroaches and likes dogs. He solves his clients' problems with a variety of skills (including Reigen's "secret technique"); if that doesn't work, he'll call in Mob to deal with it. Even though he is a fraud, he treats Mob's inner turmoil very seriously, and gives him pertinent suggestions. For better or worse, he is Mob's mentor.
- Dimple (Ekubo エクボ?)
- Voiced by: Akio Ōtsuka
- An upper class evil spirit, devious and sly, characterized by the circular blush on his cheeks. In order to become a god worshiped by people, he established a religion/cult called (LOL), which was dissolved by Mob. After his defeat, his power fell off remarkably, and Mob came to regard him as reasonably harmless. Dimple thinks Mob might be a great springboard to god, so he stayed with Mob in order to exploit him, however this plan failed. Later in the series, he attempts the same thing with Mob's brother, Ritsu. Dimple claims to be Mob's partner. He can possess the bodies of others and release the full potential of his host, but he tries to avoid breaking the host's body.
- Kageyama Ritsu (影山律?)
- Voiced by: Miyu Irino
- Mob's younger brother, grade 7. He is clever and competent, excelling at both academic and athletic performance. Having a handsome face, he is popular among girls. He is also a member of the Student Council. The only thing he's lacking is psychic power. Because Mob is a strong Esper, Ritsu has always had an inferiority complex and an obsessive longing for psychic power of his own. Carries around spoons to try and bend with his mind. He eventually developed his own psychic power and became a fairly powerful esper but not as powerful as his big brother.
- Hanazawa Teruki (花沢輝気?)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Black Vinegar Middle School's "ura banchou" ("hidden boss"), known to most as Teru. Also a strong Esper, he originally held scorn for people without psychic power, calling them "commoners." Accustomed to using his power freely in daily life, be it exams or sports, he excells at it all. Coupled with his handsome looks, he is very popular. He'll do a pigeon-toed pose when he fights seriously. After he is lectured and defeated by Mob, his perspective on psychic power changes, and he becomes more friendly to others.
Salt Middle School
- Kurata Tome (暗田トメ?)
- Voiced by: Atsumi Tanezaki
- President of the Telepathy Club, which serves as a funds for a few students to buy snacks and slack off after school. At one point, after losing a member, the club is threatened with disbandment. They try to get Mob to join, but he is more interested in the Body Improvement Club.
- Kamuro Shinji (神室真司?)
- President of the Student Council.
- Tokugawa (德川?)
- Vice President of the Student Council.
- Musashi (鄉田武藏?)
- President of the Body Improvement Club.
- Mitsuura Kenji (密裏賢治?)
- Founder of the Awakening Lab.
- Kurosaki Rei (黑崎麗?)
- Specializes in extrasensory perception.
- Hoshino Takeshi (星野武史?)
- Specializes in telekinesis.
- Asahi Gou (朝日豪?)
- Specializes in pyrokinesis.
- Shiratori Daichi & Shiratori Kaito (白鳥大地&白鳥海斗?)
- Telepathically connected brothers.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)|
On December 2, 2015, it was announced in the Ura Sunday magazine that the webcomic series will be adapted into a television anime series. Bones is producing the anime, with Yuzuru Tachikawa directing the series and Hiroshi Seko writing the scripts. Yoshimichi Kameda designs the characters and Kenji Kawai composes the music. It is scheduled to air in July 2016.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2014)|
- Natasha, Inc. "裏サンデー 革新的WEBマンガ誌の裏側を語る (1/4) - コミックナタリー Power Push". natalie.mu. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "【情報整理】4 月漫畫新書《青年黑傑克》《我們大家的河合莊》等". freebbs.tw. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "One-Punch Man Creator's Mob Psycho 100 Manga Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. December 1, 2015. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- "Mob Psycho 100 Anime Reveals 1st PV With English Subtitles, July Premiere". Anime News Network. March 24, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- "One-Punch Man Creator's Mob Psycho 100 Anime Presents Teaser Video With Cast, Staff". Anime News Network. February 9, 2016. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "One-Punch Man Creator's Mob Psycho 100 Anime Presents Teaser Video With Cast, Staff". Anime News Network. February 9, 2016. Retrieved March 20, 2016.