Monetary and Banking Research Institute
Field of research
|Macroeconomics, Financial Economics|
|President||Dr. Ali Divandarri|
|Vice-President||Dr. Ahmad Badri|
|Address||No 10. Africa Ave. Argentina Sq. Tehran, Iran|
|Location||Tehran, Tehran, Iran|
|Affiliations||Central Bank of Iran|
The Monetary and Banking Research Institute (MBRI) was established in 1990 out of necessity for a central repository of all the monetary and banking research in the country. Its activity is focused on research, consulting and publishing.
The most important goals and duties of the MBRI are as follows:
- Performing economic researches for individuals and organizations, domestically and internationally.
- Compiling economic data of Iran and other countries.
- Cooperation with national and international universities and research institutions through workshops, seminars and conferences.
MBRI's organization consists of:
- Board of Trustees (the Central Bank of Islamic Republic of Iran's Governor as the President),
- advisers, vice presidents, research groups, faculty members,
- finance department, service group, publications, data bank, international affairs and conferences department, library and computer center.
- "Historical Background". Monetary and Banking Research Institute.