Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund
The Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund (German for Munich Transport and Tariff Association) or MVV is the transit authority of the city of Munich, the capital of the German state of Bavaria. Its jurisdiction covers the city and its surrounding area, responsible for the Munich S-Bahn commuter trains, the Munich U-Bahn, the Munich tramway and buses.
The MVV coordinates transport and fares in area comprising the city of Munich and eight surrounding districts. It is jointly owned by the state of Bavaria, the city of Munich and the eight surrounding districts, which are:
- Landkreis Bad Tölz-Wolfratshausen
- Landkreis Dachau
- Landkreis Ebersberg
- Landkreis Erding
- Landkreis Freising
- Landkreis Fürstenfeldbruck
- Landkreis München
- Landkreis Starnberg
Transport services are provided by over 40 companies. These include the Bayerische Oberlandbahn, the Deutsche Bahn that also operates the S-Bahn, the Münchner Verkehrsgesellschaft that operates the U-Bahn, tramway and city buses, together with a large number of operators of regional trains and buses.
- for this translation, see page 2 of "Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund GmbH (MVV)" (PDF). MVV. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Gesellschafter" [Shareholders] (PDF) (in German). MVV. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Über uns" [About us] (PDF) (in German). MVV. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Verkehrsunternehmen" [Transport Companies] (in German). MVV. Retrieved 2015-03-21.