Murder of Seth Rich
|Time||4:20 a.m. EST (approximate)|
|Date||July 10, 2016|
(Ward 5, Washington, D.C.)
|Outcome||Under investigation by D.C. police|
|Inquiries||Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia|
|Coroner||Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Washington D.C.|
Seth Conrad Rich (January 3, 1989 – July 10, 2016) was fatally shot in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C. He was a 27-year-old employee of the Democratic National Committee (DNC).
Early life and career
At the time of his death, Rich was the Voter Expansion Data Director at the DNC, where he had been employed for two years and had worked on a computer application to help voters locate polling stations.
Death and aftermath
Rich was shot about a block from his home in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Police were alerted to gunfire at 4:20 am by an automated gunfire locator called ShotSpotter. Rich was found conscious but later died in the hospital. Newsweek reported that police said he may have been killed in an attempted robbery and that the neighborhood had recently been plagued by robberies. Although Rich's watch strap was torn, nothing had apparently been taken from him.
According to police, he died from two shots to the back. Rich's girlfriend told NBC Washington, "There had been a struggle. His hands were bruised, his knees are bruised, his face is bruised, and yet he had two shots to his back, and yet they never took anything...They didn't finish robbing him, they just took his life."
DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz issued a statement mourning the loss and praising Rich's work "to protect the most sacred right we share as Americans — the right to vote." Hillary Clinton spoke of this fatality during a speech advocating limiting the availability of guns. Rich's parents and girlfriend appeared on Crime Watch Daily to speak about the murder case. In October 2016, a plaque and bike rack outside the DNC headquarters were dedicated to Rich's memory.
In February 2017, the Beth El Synagogue in Omaha named an existing scholarship after Rich, one which helps Jewish children attend summer camps. On March 19, 2017, Rich's brother Aaron started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for the murder investigation.
Newsweek reported that the murder stoked right-wing "Clinton conspiracy theories" and that Rich's parents were distressed by the politicization of his murder.
On May 15, 2017, the D.C. Fox affiliate reported that a private investigator named Rod Wheeler claims to have evidence that Rich had been in contact with Wikileaks. The story was updated on May 16, 2017 to include the Rich family's repudiation of Wheeler's claims.
An anonymous person on 4chan claimed to work at the hospital where Seth Rich was taken alive and conscious, when a swarm of officials blocked his room and he was pronounced dead soon after. Photos or video of Seth Rich's body have not been made public and death certification remains pending.
Seth Rich was not born Jewish but converted enthusiastically with his family. Some conspiracy circles wonder if he was working for Mossad, and some wonder if he's a limited hangout still alive in a witness protection type identity relocation.
Many wonder if, like Pizzagate, the Seth Rich murder mystery is just another dead-end puzzle-hole disinformation psyop conspiracy designed to divide and distract the population from legitimate conspiracies, conflicts, and exploitation by globalists on the global population and the Earth's resources.
Reading into the family responses and interview irregularities, some analysts pondered the panda symbology and about the collectors' framed animation cells.
Regardless of the different conspiracy theories, and the allegedly suspicious absence of the murder of Seth Rich and the PizzaGate "puzzle-holes" in corporate mainstream media stories about election interference, the following is generally held true by most outsider analysts: For whatever reasons, alive or dead, if Seth Rich was the actual source of the never-refuted authentic WikiLeaks documents, then the Russians did not hack the DNC server which was refused FBI inspection, and all the excuses for conflict should be seen as transparent rallying for war profiteering.
Rewards for information
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPDC) posted its customary reward of $25,000 for information about the death. In August, WikiLeaks offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction; Rich's family stated they were unable to verify this reward offer. Republican lobbyist Jack Burkman has offered an additional $105,000.
- Morton, Joseph. "D.C. police, family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich urge anyone with information about murder to come forward", Omaha World-Herald (August 4, 2016; Updated August 10, 2016).
- Morton, Joseph. "WikiLeaks offers $20,000 reward for help finding Omaha native Seth Rich's killer", Omaha World-Herald (August 10, 2016; Updated August 11, 2016): "Rich had worked for the DNC for two years and helped develop a computer program to make it easier for people to find polling places on Election Day."
- Kamp-Wright, Annette van de (July 20, 2016). "Seth Conrad Rich". The Jewish Press. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- Feldman, Ari (July 11, 2016). "Promising Jewish Democratic National Committee Staffer Shot Dead on Own Washington D.C. Block". Forward.com. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- "Rich, Seth C.". Omaha World-Herald. July 13, 2016.
- Hermann, Peter (July 12, 2016). "Hillary Clinton invokes name of slain DNC aide Seth Rich in calling for gun control". Washington Post.
- DNC Employee Fatally Shot in DC., WUSA9.com, August 11, 2016; retrieved September 2, 2016.
- Rojas, Warren (July 11, 2016). "DNC Staffer Killed in DC". Roll Call.
- Stein, Jeff (August 20, 2016). "Seth Rich: Inside the Killing of the DNC Staffer". Newsweek.
- Khan, Mariam. DNC Employee Shot Dead in DC Over the Weekend, ABC News, July 11, 2016.
- (August 5, 2016). Mother, Police Seeking Tips on Killing of DNC Staffer Seth Rich, nbcwashington.com; retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Shrier, Adam. "Democratic National Committee staffer killed in Washington, D.C. shooting", New York Daily News, July 11, 2016.
- Hermann, Peter; Williams, Clarence (July 11, 2016). "Slain Democratic National Committee staffer 'wanted to make a difference'". Washington Post.
- "Is Julian Assange Exposing Innocent People to Persecution With Reckless Leaks?". The Nation. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- Collins, Pat; Swalec, Andrea (July 11, 2016). "27-Year-Old DNC Staffer Seth Rich Shot, Killed in Northwest DC". NBC Washington.
- "Family of murdered DNC employee Seth Rich speaks out on 'Crime Watch'". KOMO. September 30, 2016. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Kurzius, Rachel (October 3, 2016). "Murdered DNC Staffer's Mom: 'Seth Would Be So Offended' By Conspiracy Theories". DCist. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Burdine, Nikki (October 17, 2016). "DNC honors murdered staffer Seth Rich". WUSA. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Kelly, Michael (February 25, 2017). "Kelly: Camp scholarship memorializes Omahan Seth Rich, who was killed in D.C. in July". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Family Seeks Funds for Answers, Leads in Seth Rich Death". NBC Washington. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- Dore, Jimmy (2017-06-24). "Jake Tapper Calls Out DNC’s B.S. On Russia Hacking". YouTube.com. The Jimmy Dore Show. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Trump, Donald (2017-06-22). "...Why did the DNC REFUSE to turn over its Server to the FBI, and still hasn't? It's all a big Dem scam and excuse for losing the election!". Twitter.com. realDonaldTrump. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Tapper, Jake (2017-06-22). "Some of you are going to dislike hearing this but the DNC's inadequate response to FBI/DHS on 🇷🇺 hack is a legit question". Twitter.com. JakeTapper. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "WikiLeaks offers reward for help finding DNC staffer's killer", Washington Post, August 10, 2016.
- Morton, Joseph (November 23, 2016). "Parents of DNC staffer Seth Rich vow to find his killer; reward now $125,000". Omaha World Herald. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- "GOP lobbyist adds $5K to reward for info on murder of former DNC staffer Seth Rich", WJLA-TV, December 5, 2016.
- Roig-Franzia, Manuel (January 18, 2017). "Seth Rich wasn't just another D.C. murder victim. He was a meme in the weirdest presidential election of our times". The Washington Post.
- Abraham, Rabbi Steven (July 22, 2016). "In Memoriam: Seth Conrad Rich". The Jewish Press. Eulogy given by Rabbi Steven Abraham of Beth El Synagogue at the service on July 13, 2016.
- Harris, Chris (July 13, 2016). "Friends of Slain DNC Staffer Seth Rich Remember Him as 'Honest' and 'Self-Sacrificing'". People.