|Launched||7 April 1998|
|Owned by||Media Prima Berhad|
|Picture format||PAL (576i) (4:3)|
|Audience share||5% (Sept 2013, )|
|Headquarters||Sri Pentas, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
|Analogue||Channel 7 (VHF)
Channel 37 (UHF) in Klang Valley)
|MYTV (Malaysia)||Test transmission|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 107 |
|NJOI (Malaysia)||Channel 107 |
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 107|
|HyppTV||Channel 107 |
|Live Streaming (Malaysia only)||live
Natseven TV Sdn Bhd, better known as ntv7, is a terrestrial television channel in Malaysia based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. It began broadcasting nationwide on 7 April 1998. Its mission is to promote a happier and more enlightened Malaysia. Believing strongly in the provision of wholesome entertainment, good family and community values, good corporate citizenship, and the promotion of national integration, the station works on an appointment-based programming concept reflecting its philosophy of being "Saluran Ceria Anda".
Ntv7 differs from other Malaysian broadcasters in being a media brand rather than just a television station. Programmes are treated as products under relevant brands - more commonly referred to as programming belts, and are managed by a team of brand managers.
Under the appointment-based concept, factors such as who watches what and when define when a programme is slotted in the TV schedule. The station, which broadcasts on the UHF frequency band, offers a combination of Malaysian, English and Chinese programmes, produced locally as well as some from overseas.
Offering a wide variety of programming, ntv7's line-up includes dramas sinetron, situational comedies (sitcoms), entertainment programmes, game shows, children programmes, anime, and movies. There are also news bulletins in English, Mandarin and Malay.
In 2005, Media Prima Berhad announced its acquisition of ntv7. Media Prima also owns three other private television stations in Malaysia: TV3, 8TV & TV9, as well as a controlling stake in the New Straits Times, owned by New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
ntv7 is also available over Astro on Channel 107.
Currently it is the only analogue channel in Malaysia that supports Dual Sound, though it is not used, until the only digital channel in Malaysia and it can be used.
The population of NTV7 viewers based on recent Nielsen's Media Census 2014
- 71.2% or 901,119 viewers - Chinese
- 68.7% or 891,810 viewers - Sarawak & Sabah Bumiputras
- 50.3% or 311,227 viewers - Malays
- 28.1% or 207,061 viewers - Indian
- 19.2% or 95,201 viewers - Others
- 9.7% or 10,344 viewers - Never watching NTV7 ever yet since before
Slogan and logos
Previous and current slogans of the channel are listed below in Malaysian, English and Chinese.
- Saluran Ceria Anda (1998–present)
- Your Feel Good Channel 2002–2010)
- Your Home Of Feel Good (2010–present)
- 您的欢乐频道 (2008–2010)
- 感觉美好 (2010–present)
It has had four logos dated 1998, 2000, 2002, and the current logo. The current logo has two colours since March 2012; one is the original purple version, and another one is a red version that can seen on Chinese programme promos on the channel.
- "NTV7 - Variety Entertainment Channel - Astro".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "HyppTV TV Guide(includes the LCN number of each channel)".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "New Sabah digital TV experience". Daily Express. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2016.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Channels - TV, Radio dan Prabayar (official list of all channels available on NJOI)".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>