From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Native to||Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria|
|unknown (undated figure of 10 million)|
regions where Najdi is the language of the majority
regions that were influenced by Najdi Arabic or have a Najdi population
There are four major dialects of Najdi Arabic.
- Northern Najdi, spoken in Ha'il Region and Al-Qassim Region in the Najd.
- Central Najdi (Urban Najdi), spoken in the city of Riyadh and surrounding towns and farming communities.
- Southern Najdi, spoken in the city of Al-Kharj and surrounding towns.
- Badawi Najdi, spoken by the nomadic bedouins of Najd. Some tribes have their own distinct accents. Badawi Najdi is also spoken in neighboring Jordan, Kuwait, Syria, and Iraq.
- Najdi Arabic at Ethnologue (13th ed., 1996).
- Nordhoff, Sebastian; Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2013). "Najdi Arabic". Glottolog. Leipzig: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- Raymond G. Gordon, Jr, ed. 2005. Ethnologue: Languages of the World. 15th edition. Dallas: Summer Institute of Linguistics.
- P.F. Abboud. 1964. "The Syntax of Najdi Arabic", University of Texas PhD dissertation.
|This Afroasiatic languages-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|