|Status||out of service|
|Primary users||Imperial Japanese Navy
Japanese Post Office
The type was completely redesigned as the Type 90-2-2 or E4N2, with a single main-float and twin, wing-mounted outriggers and introduced a cowled engine. This entered production for the Navy in 1931.
The E4N2 was employed as a shipboard spotter aircraft launched by catapult.
(Navy Type 90-2-1 Reconnaissance Seaplane) twin-float seaplane, Nakajima NZ - two prototypes only.
- (Navy Type 90-2-2 Reconnaissance Seaplane) - Nakajima NJ single-float seaplane. 85 built.
- (Navy Type 90-2-3 Carrier Reconnaissance Aircraft) - Nakajima NJ landplane fitted with arresting gear and fixed-undercarriage. 67 built.
- (Navy Type 90-2-3 Reconnaissance Seaplane) Nakajima NJ.
- Nakajima P-1
- single-seat mailplane. 9 converted from E4N2-C airframes.
- Nakajima Giyu-11
- One of the two E4N1 seaplanes converted with a cabin for use by Tokyo Koku Yuso Kaisha between Haneda airport, Shimizu and Shimoda.
Specifications (Type 90-2-2)
Data from Japanese Aircraft 1910-1941 
- Crew: 2
- Length: 8.87 m (29 ft 1¼ in)
- Wingspan: 10.98 m (36 ft 0 in)
- Height: 3.97 m (13 ft 0 in)
- Wing area: 29.7 m² (319 ft²)
- Empty weight: 1,252 kg (2,760 lb)
- Loaded weight: 1,800 kg (3,968 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Nakajima Kotobuki 2 nine-cylinder radial engine, 433 kW (580 hp)
- Maximum speed: 232 km/h (125 kn, 144 mph)
- Cruise speed: 148 km/h (80 kn, 92 mph)
- Range: 1,019 km (550 nmi, 633 mi)
- Service ceiling: 5,740 m (18,830 ft)
- Wing loading: 60.7 kg/m² (12.4 lb/ft²)
- Power/mass: 0.24 kW/kg (0.15 hp/lb)
- 1 × fixed, forward-firing 7.7 mm machine gun and 1 × flexible 7.7 mm machine gun in rear cockpit
- 2 × 30 kg (66 lb) bombs
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Mikesh, Robert C. and Abe, Shorzoe. Japanese Aircraft 1910-1941. London: Putnam Aeronautical Books, 1990. ISBN 0-85177-840-2 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Mikesh" defined multiple times with different content
- Francillon, Réne J. Japanese Aircraft of the Pacific War. London: Putnam & Company Ltd., 1970 (2nd edition 1979). ISBN 0-370-30251-6
- Mikesh, Robert C. and Abe, Shorzoe. Japanese Aircraft 1910-1941. London: Putnam Aeronautical Books, 1990. ISBN 0-85177-840-2
Media related to Nakajima E4N at Wikimedia Commons