Nikolay Vasilyevich Fyodorov
|Nikolay Vasilyevich Fyodorov
Николай Васильевич Фёдоров
|File:Федоров Николай Васильевич.jpg|
|Representative from Chuvash Republic in the Federation Council|
September 27, 2015
April 22, 2015 – September 27. 2015
|Minister of Agriculture|
May 21, 2012 – April 22, 2015
|Preceded by||Yelena Skrynnik|
|Succeeded by||Alexander Tkachyov|
|1st President of the Chuvash Republic|
January 21, 1994 – August 29, 2010
|Succeeded by||Mikhail Ignatyev|
|Minister of Justice|
|Preceded by||Vladimir Abolentsev (under RSFSR)|
|Succeeded by||Yuri Kalmykov|
September 5, 1958 |
Chedino, Chuvash ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||United Russia|
|Spouse(s)||Svetlana Yuryevna Fyodorova|
Nikolay Vasilyevich Fyodorov (Russian: Никола́й Васи́льевич Фёдоров; b. May 9, 1958 in Chedino, Chuvash ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union) is a former President of the Chuvash Republic in Russia. He has been the minister of agriculture since May 21, 2012 til April 2015. Previously, he was the justice minister of Russia from July 14, 1991 to March 24, 1993 and was the President of Chuvash Republic from January 21, 1994 to August 2010. He was a supporter of market reforms and was reelected in 1998 and 2001.
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland;
- 3rd class (5 August 2003) - for outstanding contribution to strengthening Russian statehood and many years of diligent work
- 4th class (9 May 1998) - for services to the state and a major contribution to socio-economic development of Chuvash Republic
- Order of Honour (11 September 2008) - for outstanding contribution to the socio-economic development of the long and fruitful work
- State Prize of the Russian Federation, 1999, for science and technology - for the revival of the historic part of the capital of Chuvashia - Cheboksary the city
- Honorary Builder of the Russian Federation
- Medal "For Services to the national health care"
- Medal "75 years of civil defence"
- Order "For Services to the Chuvash Republic" (29 August 2010)
- Order of St. Sergius, 1st class
- Order of the Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow, 1st class
- Winner of the All-Russian legal award "Themis"
- Title of "President of the Year - 2001" All-Russia public premium "Russian National Olympus"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- Medal of Merit in the All-Russia Census
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 1000th Anniversary of Kazan"
- Medal in commemoration of the 200th anniversary of Russian Ministry of Justice
- Medal "200 Years of the Russian Interior Ministry"
- Robert W. Orttung; Danielle N. Lussier; Anna Paretskaya (2000). The republics and regions of the Russian Federation: a guide to politics, policies, and leaders. M.E. Sharpe. pp. 104–106. ISBN 978-0-7656-0559-7. Retrieved 27 January 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Political System. Government of the Chuvash Republic. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- Administrative Structure of the Republic. Administrative Centre and Largest Cities. Government Authorities. Government of the Chuvash Republic. Retrieved January 2011
|President of the Chuvash Republic
January 21, 1994–August 29, 2010