|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Mayor||Miroslav Kačmarčík|
|• Total||6.45 km2 (2.49 sq mi)|
|Elevation||346 m (1,135 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (390/sq mi)|
|Postal code||739 51|
The village was first mentioned in 1584 as Potmienossowicze in the document sealing the selling of Friedeck state country by Stanislaus Pavlovský von Pavlovitz, Bishop of Olomouc, to Bartholomew von Wrbno. The Friedeck state country was split from the Duchy of Teschen in 1573 when the village must have already existed. The name of the village probably originates from locator Potmienoss, who settled with his people in a desolate place between the villages Nižní Lhoty (Dolní Lhoty at that time) and Dobrá (Dobrázemica at that time) in 1447 and founded the settlement. Later the leading Potmie part of the name was dropped. In 1679 it was mentioned as Nossovicensi. Politically the Friedeck state country was a part of the Kingdom of Bohemia, since 1526 a part of the Habsburg Monarchy.
After World War I and fall of Austria-Hungary it became a part of Czechoslovakia. In March 1939 it became a part of Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. After World War II it was restored to Czechoslovakia.
Places of interest
- Memorial of fallen in the first and second world war in Nošovice in front of elementary school.
- Calvary by the old road to Little Prašivá.
- Chapel on the interface of Dobrá and Nošovice.
- Little Chapel in the part of village Malé Nošovice na Podlesí.
- Crucifix (Calvary) at the old road to the river at the boundary of two parcels.
Surroundings of the village is ideal for hiking and cycling. The swimming pool is a natural river at the National natural monument Skalická Morávka. There is sport and social complex which was built in 2006 and adjoins to the area of elementary school.
- Panic, Idzi (2011). Śląsk Cieszyński w początkach czasów nowożytnych (1528-1653) (in Polish). Cieszyn: Starostwo Powiatowe w Cieszynie. p. 167. ISBN 978-83-926929-5-9. Unknown parameter
|trans_title=ignored (help) <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nošovice.|
- (Czech) Official website
|This Moravian-Silesian Region location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|