No. 354 Squadron RAF was a general reconnaissance squadron of the Royal Air Force during the Second World War.
No. 354 squadron was first formed at Drigh Road, Karachi on 10 May 1943 as part of Coastal Command, and was posted to RAF Station Cuttack on 17 August 1943, where it received Liberator Mk.V bombers. Detachments of the squadron were located at Sigiriya and St Thomas Mount. The squadron redeployed to Minneriya in Ceylon on 12 October 1944, with detachments at Kankesanturai and Cuttack, and returned to Cuttack whilst maintaining a detachment at Kankesanterai in January 1945, where they received the Liberator Mk.VI. The squadron was disbanded on 18 May 1945 at RAF Cuttack.
Aircraft operated by no. 354 Squadron RAF, data from
Stations and airfields used by No. 354 Squadron RAF, data from
|10 May 1943
||17 August 1943
||RAF Drigh Road, Karachi
|17 August 1943
||12 October 1944
||RAF Cuttack, Orissa
||Det. at Sigiriya, Ceylon and St Thomas Mount, Madras, Tamil Nadu
|12 October 1944
||5 January 1945
||Det. at RAF Kankesanturai, Ceylon and Cuttack, Orissa
|5 January 1945
||18 May 1945
||Det. at Kankesanturai
Officers commanding No. 354 Squadron RAF, data from
||W/Cdr. K.J. Mellor, DFC
||W/Cdr. D.T. MacPherson
||W/Cdr. F.G. Paisey
- Delve, Ken. The Source Book of the RAF. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1994. ISBN 1-85310-451-5.
- Gwynne-Timothy, John R.W. Burma Liberators: RCAF in SEAC. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Next Level Press, 1991. ISBN 1-895578-02-7.
- Halley, James J. The Squadrons of the Royal Air Force & Commonwealth 1918–1988. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air Britain (Historians) Ltd., 1988. ISBN 0-85130-164-9.
- Jefford, Wing Commander C.G., MBE, BA, RAF(Retd.). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988 (second edition 2001). ISBN 1-85310-053-6.
- Oughton, James D. with John Hamlin and Andrew Thomas. The Liberator in Royal Air Force and Commonwealth Service. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air-Britain (Historians) Ltd., 2007. ISBN 978-0-85130-362-8.
- Rawlings, John D.R. Coastal, Support and Special Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft. London: Jane's Publishing Company Ltd., 1982. ISBN 0-7106-0187-5.