North Fort Myers, Florida
|North Fort Myers, Florida|
Location in Lee County and the state of Florida
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||54.6 sq mi (141.4 km2)|
|• Land||52.6 sq mi (136.3 km2)|
|• Water||2 sq mi (5.1 km2)|
|Elevation||3 ft (1 m)|
|• Density||736.5/sq mi (284.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||33903, 33917, 33918|
|GNIS feature ID||0287818|
North Fort Myers is a census-designated place (CDP) in Lee County, Florida, United States. The population was 36,609 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Cape Coral–Fort Myers Metropolitan Statistical Area.
North Fort Myers is located at Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found. (26.7029, -81.8844), northwest across the Caloosahatchee River from Fort Myers proper.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 54.6 square miles (141 km2), of which, 52.6 square miles (136 km2) of it is land and 2.0 square miles (5.2 km2) of it (3.61%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 39,407 people, 19,788 households, and 12,539 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 764.2 people per square mile (295.1/km²). There were 25,284 housing units at an average density of 480.5/sq mi (185.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.49% White, 0.93% African American, 0.34% Native American, 0.48% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.81% from other races, and 0.89% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.90% of the population.
There were 19,654 households out of which 12.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.3% were married couples living together, 6.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.2% were non-families. 30.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 20.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.03 and the average family size was 2.47.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 12.9% under the age of 18, 3.7% from 18 to 24, 16.7% from 25 to 44, 24.2% from 45 to 64, and 42.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 60 years. For every 100 females there were 90.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $33,508, and the median income for a family was $39,907. Males had a median income of $28,449 versus $22,435 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,866. About 6.3% of families and 9.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.1% of those under age 18 and 6.3% of those age 65 or over.
- MLB player and NASCAR driver Mike Greenwell
- Country music singer Mindy McCready
- Lieutenant Governor of Florida Jeff Kottkamp
- NCAA WVU Mountaineer football star Noel Devine
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2010)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>