Not on Our Watch (organization)
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2012)|
|Founder||Don Cheadle, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, David Pressman, and Jerry Weintraub|
|Focus||human rights, civilian protection, and peace|
|Method||social services, funding, and awareness|
|Mission||human rights awareness|
Not on Our Watch is a nongovernmental, international relief and humanitarian aid organization based in the United States. The organization was established by Don Cheadle, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, David Pressman, and Jerry Weintraub in 2008, to bring global attention to human rights violations in Darfur and beyond, while providing resources to assist in putting an end to mass atrocities around the world. The organization has its roots in the book, Not On Our Watch, written by Don Cheadle and human rights activist John Prendergast, who is also a board member and serves as the organization's Strategic Advisor.
Not On Our Watch Project enlists the support of artists, activists and cultural leaders to raise awareness of its activities, while partnering directly with the Satellite Sentinel Project, co-founded by George Clooney and John Prendergast.
- "Oxfam America Receives $500,000 From Not On Our Watch". FoundationCenter.org. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Not On Our Watch". Notonourwatchproject.org. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Not On Our Watch: Celebrity Supporters". Looktothestars.org. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Not On Our Watch Project". March 17, 2011.
- "Partner Organizations | Satellite Sentinel Project". Satsentinel.org. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|