A number of concertos (as well as non-concerto works) have been written for the oboe, both as a solo instrument as well as in conjunction with other solo instrument(s), and accompanied by string orchestra, chamber orchestra, full orchestra, concert band, or similar large ensemble.
These include concertos by the following composers:
's Concerto for Two Oboes in F major. Performed by the Advent Chamber Orchestra with oboists Humbert Lucarelli and Edino Biaggi
The 2nd movement of Antonio Vivaldi
's Oboe Concerto in C major, RV 447, Performed by the Advent Chamber Orchestra with oboist Edino Biaggi
|Problems playing these files? See media help.
- ↑ "Beethoven's lost oboe concerto performed". USA Today. March 2, 2003. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- ↑ Carter, Elliott (1987). "Oboe Concerto: Programme Note". Boosey & Hawkes. Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Corigliano, John. Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1975). G. Schirmer Inc. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- ↑ Davies, Peter Maxwell (1987). "Strathclyde Concerto No. 1 for Oboe and Orchestra: Programme Note". Boosey & Hawkes. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- ↑ Anthony, Michael (November 5, 2005). "Music Review: St. Paul Chamber Orchestra; Higdon's new Oboe Concerto produces a standing ovation". Star Tribune.
- ↑ MacMillan, James (2010). "MacMillan, James: Oboe Concerto". Boosey & Hawkes. Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Smith, Steve (November 17, 2013). "Shifting Gears to Explore the Realm of the Oboe: Liang Wang Performs Christopher Rouse’s Oboe Concerto". The New York Times. Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- ↑ Salonen, Esa-Pekka. Mimo II (1992). G. Schirmer Inc. Retrieved November 6, 2015.