Off the Wall Productions
Off the Wall Productions is a theater production company located in Carnegie, Pennsylvania, USA. A non-profit 501 C3 and Carnegie Stage’s Resident Professional Theater Company,
working under contract with Actors' Equity Association, producing a minimum of four plays during their season from October to May. Recent focus has been the production of new plays, written by women playwrights.
The theatre's mission is to create a more conscious and compassionate community, while providing a living wage for all artists, and to encourage and support the admiration of all arts and artists by providing a home in which live theater, dance, music, and comedy can be presented, while nurturing, challenging, inspiring and empowering women theater artists from the area and beyond to collaborate as playwrights, directors, technicians, and actors, explore new ideas, and develop new works."
Established in 2007 in Washington under artistic director Virginia Wall Gruenert and managing director Hans H Gruenert, the theatre started out producing established plays and musicals as well as Virginia Wall Gruenert's original plays Shaken & Stirred., and Without Ruth. Off the Wall's productions have consistently received positive reviews from local critics, having had its actors and designers recognized in the yearly "Best of" articles in Observer-Reporter and Pittsburgh-Outonline as well as having had praise from Pittsburgh City Paper and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Off The Wall Productions » About Us - Changing The World One Play At A Time!
- Heinz Endowments - In the Spotlight : Q&A with Virginia Wall Gruenert
- Off The Wall Productions » Past Plays
- Off The Wall Productions
- Agnes of God - Stage - Theater Reviews & Features - Pittsburgh City Paper
- Paula Vogel's 'How I Learned to Drive,' a challenging play at Off The Wall
- Out’s Theater Review. www.outonline.com » 2009 » December