|File:Osa Massen - 1944.jpg|
|Born||Aase Madsen Iversen
13 January 1914
|Died||2 January 2006
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
|Years active||1935 – 1981|
|Spouse(s)||Allan Hersholt (1938–1945) (divorced)
Dr. Harvey R. Cummins (1947–1951) (his death)
Dr. Stanley Vogel (1953–?) (divorced)
Background and early career
Born Aase Madsen Iversen in 1914, she began her career as a newspaper photographer, before becoming an actress. She first came to the United States in 1937. Massen notably appeared as Melvyn Douglas' unfaithful wife dealing with blackmailer Joan Crawford in A Woman's Face (1941). She also appeared as a mysterious woman with something to hide in Deadline at Dawn. Later in her career she appeared in guest roles on many television programs. She also starred with Lloyd Bridges in the science fiction film Rocketship X-M (1950), the first space adventure of the post-WWII era. She made three guest appearances on Perry Mason: in 1958 she played Lisa Bannister in "The Case of the Desperate Daughter;" in 1959 she played Sarah Werner in "The Case of the Shattered Dream." Her last television role was in 1962 when she played Lisa Pedersen in "The Case of the Tarnished Trademark".
Massen died on 2 January 2006, 11 days before her 92nd birthday, following unspecified surgery in Hollywood, California. She had previously been living just outside Copenhagen until just before her final relocation (to California).
- Kidnapped (1935)
- Bag Københavns kulisser (1935)
- Honeymoon in Bali (1939)
- Honeymoon for Three (1941)
- You'll Never Get Rich (1941)
- A Woman's Face (1941)
- The Devil Pays Off (1941)
- Accent on Love (1941)
- Background to Danger (1943)
- Jack London (1943)
- Cry of the Werewolf (1944)
- Deadline at Dawn (1946)
- Million Dollar Weekend (1948)
- Night Unto Night (1949)
- Rocketship X-M (1950)
- Outcasts of the City (1958)
- IMDB The Master Race (1944)
- Hans J. Wollstein (1994). Strangers in Hollywood: the history of Scandinavian actors in American films from 1910 to World War II. Scarecrow Press. p. 227. ISBN 978-0-8108-2938-1. Retrieved 30 July 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Copy of Petition for Naturalization #90276, filed in Los Angeles, California under the name Aase Madsen Iversen Hersholt, ancestry.com; accessed 30 September 2015.
- She was recorded as Aase Madsen-Iversen, Danish actress, aged 23, on the manifest of the S/S "Normandie", which sailed from Southampton, England on 18 December 1937, and arrived at the Port of New York on 23 December 1937.
- Hans J. Wollstein (1994). Strangers in Hollywood: the history of Scandinavian actors in American films from 1910 to World War II. Scarecrow Press. p. 229. ISBN 978-0-8108-2938-1. Retrieved 30 July 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>