Paint Township, Highland County, Ohio
|Paint Township, Highland County, Ohio|
|Old mill site on Rocky Fork Creek
Old mill site on Rocky Fork Creek
|Location of Paint Township in Highland County
Location of Paint Township in Highland County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||58.6 sq mi (151.7 km2)|
|• Land||55.8 sq mi (144.6 km2)|
|• Water||2.8 sq mi (7.2 km2)|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||73.7/sq mi (28.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086310|
Located in the east part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Madison Township - north
- Paint Township, Ross County - northeast
- Paxton Township, Ross County - east
- Perry Township, Pike County - southeast
- Brushcreek Township - south, east of Marshall Township
- Marshall Township - south, west of Brushcreek Township
- Liberty Township - southwest
- Penn Township - west
- Fairfield Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Paint Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Highland County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.