Location of Parkville, Maryland
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||4.2 sq mi (11.0 km2)|
|• Land||4.2 sq mi (11.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||331 ft (101 m)|
|• Density||7,300/sq mi (2,800/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0590976|
Parkville is located at Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found. (39.383039, −76.550065).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.2 square miles (11 km2), all of it land. The northern border of the CDP is Interstate 695 (the Baltimore Beltway) from Loch Raven Boulevard to Putty Hill Avenue. The eastern border is formed by portions of Putty Hill Avenue, Wendell Avenue, Hiss Avenue, and Glen Road, the southern border is the Baltimore City/Baltimore County line from near Glen Road to Loch Raven Boulevard, and the western boundary is Loch Raven Boulevard from the city line to I-695.
As of the census of 2000, there were 31,118 people, 13,044 households, and 8,243 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 7,352.1 people per square mile (2,840.4/km²). There were 13,550 housing units at an average density of 3,201.4 per square mile (1,236.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 73.64% White, 22.48% African American, 0.16% Native American, 1.88% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.42% from other races, and 1.39% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.65% of the population.
There were 13,044 households out of which 28.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.8% were married couples living together, 16.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.8% were non-families. 29.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.36 and the average family size was 2.93.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 22.8% under the age of 18, 8.9% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 20.8% from 45 to 64, and 17.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 86.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 81.5 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $41,410, and the median income for a family was $50,421. Males had a median income of $36,728 versus $27,579 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $20,633. About 6.4% of families and 7.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.9% of those under age 18 and 5.7% of those age 65 or over.
- Halstead Academy
- Pine Grove Elementary
- Oakleigh Elementary School
- Villa Cresta Elementary
- Woodhome Elementary/Middle
- Harford Hills Elementary
- Carney Elementary
- Elmwood Elementary
Some of the major roads in the Parkville area are:
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Parkville CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 29, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "P.L. 94-171 County Block Map (2010 Census): Baltimore County, MD; Map sheets 65 and 66" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved February 29, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Czech-Slovak festival is Sunday in Parkville". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2014-08-10.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Czech and Slovak Festival is Sunday". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2014-08-10.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>