Parliament of Albania
|Parliament of Albania
Kuvendi i Shqipërisë
|Legislature XIX (Legislature VIII)|
Eduard Paloka (Democrats), Mark Frroku (Christian Democrats), Gramoz Ruci (Socialists), Petrit Vasili (LSI Movement), Vangjel Dule (Greeks), Fatmir Mediu (Republicans), Shpetim Idrizi (PDIU)
ASHE (Centre-left/Liberal) (85)|
APMI (Centre-right/Conservative) (55)
|Closed list proportional representation|
|23 June 2013|
|For current list of members see list of members.|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Parliament of Albania (Albanian: Kuvendi i Shqipërisë or short Kuvendi or Parlamenti.), formerly the People's Parliament (Albanian: Kuvendi Popullor) is the unicameral parliament of the Republic of Albania. It has 140 members, elected for four-year terms. The electoral system is closed list proportional representation. There are 12 multi-member constituencies, corresponding to the country's 12 administrative regions. Within any constituency, parties must meet a threshold of three percent of votes; pre-election coalitions must meet a threshold of five percent. All laws passed by the parliament are published by the Albanian Official Journal (Albanian: Fletorja Zyrtare), the official journal of the government of Albania. The Greek Communities of Albania refer to the National Assembly as the Εθνική Συνέλευση (National Assembly) or commonly Βουλή (Parliament).
The legislative system in Albania has evolved under different regimes. Currently the President is elected by the parliament. The current members were chosen in 2013.
Parties represented in the Parliament of Albania
Since the end of the 2010 parliamentary season, the parliament has been renovated.
The Albanian parliament has the following 10 committees:
- Ad-Hoc Committees
- Committee on Legal Affairs, Public Administration and Human Rights
- Committee for European Integration
- Committee on Foreign Policy
- Committee on Economic and Finance
- Committee on National Security
- Committee on Productive Activities, Trade and Environment
- Committee on Labour, Social Affairs and Health
- Committee on Education and Public Information Media
- Special Committee
List of Chairmen of the Parliament of Albania
Members (since 1990)
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 1991–92
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 1992–96
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 1996–97
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 1997–01
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 2001–05
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 2005–09
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 2009-13
- List of members of the parliament of Albania, 2013-17
- According to the new ranking, legislatures are calculated from the first democratic parliament.
- Website of the Albanian Official Journal
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.