Peace Support Training Centre
|Peace Support Training Centre|
|Allegiance||Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada|
|Part of||Department of National Defence
|Headquarters||Canadian Army Doctrine and Training Centre|
|Commandant||Lieutenant-Colonel S.J. Dumas, CD|
The Peace Support Training Centre (PSTC), is located at McNaughton Barracks, CFB Kingston, Ontario, Canada, and is a subordinate unit of the Canadian Army Doctrine and Training Centre. PSTC delivers training to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), other Canadian Government Departments (OGDs), and foreign militaries. PSTC is also engaged in instructor exchanges with ABCA, NATO, and other countries.
The Peace Support Training Centre (PSTC) was formed in July 1996 and was officially established as a unit 5 September 2000. With an original mandate of training personnel for United Nations Military Observer (UNMO) positions, the PSTC has expanded to a unit of over 60 personnel that runs on average 35 courses per year with a throughput of 1,000 students.
- "PSTC will provide specific, individual training to prepare selected members of the Canadian Forces, Other Government Departments (OGD) and foreign military personnel for Full-Spectrum Operations (FSO) within the contemporary operating environment, while fulfilling our Centre of Excellence (CoE) responsibilities." 
- "As a lead Joint, Inter-Agency, Multinational training centre, PSTC’s vision is to be recognized by all Canadian Government Departments as the trainer of choice and experts in the delivery of individual readiness training and campaign-winning enablers." 
Courses and Training Packages
- Civil-Military Cooperation (CIMIC) Operator
- Civil-Military Cooperation (CIMIC) Staff Officer
- Hazardous Environment Training (HET)
- Individual Pre-Deployment Training (IPT)
- Information Operations (Info Ops) Officer
- Peace Support Operators (Military Observer) (PSO)
- Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) Tactical Operator
- Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) Analyst
- Psychological Operations (PSYOPS) Officer
PSTC is a training unit directly under the Canadian Army Doctrine and Training Centre. It has a liaison and coordination relationship with the Influence Activities Task Force (IATF), another organization under CADTC. PSTC has two training sub-units and a standards sub-unit. The training sub-units and their specialties are as follows:
- A Squadron – Military Observer, Hazardous Environment Training, Individual Pre-Deployment Training, Security Force Advisory Training.
- B Squadron - Civil-Military Cooperation, Information Operations, Psychological Operations
PSTC has trained all personnel in Security Force Advisor Training (SFAT) for the Canadian part of the NATO Training Mission - Afghanistan (NTM-A) as well as run numerous influence activities courses to prepare members for the managed readiness plan. This year also saw the successful completion of three mobile training team (MTT) deployments to Tanzania, Guatemala and Senegal to teach PSO and CIMIC.
- "PSTC Mission and Vision". Department of National Defence. Retrieved 1 November 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.