|Born||Pierre Max Rosenberg
April 13, 1936
|Education||École du Louvre|
|Spouse(s)||Béatrice de Rothschild|
|Relatives||Alain de Rothschild (father-in-law)|
Pierre Rosenberg was born on April 13, 1936 Paris. He graduated from the École du Louvre.
He joined the Musée du Louvre in 1962 as an assistant. After his promotion to curator, he later became director of the museum in 1994 and served at this post until 2001.
- France in the Golden Age: Seventeenth-Century French Paintings in American Collections, 1982, ISBN 978-0870992957
- Fragonard, 1988, ISBN 978-0810909212
- Chardin, 2000, ISBN 978-0300083484
- From Drawing to Painting: Poussin, Watteau, Fragonard, David, and Ingres, 2000, ISBN 978-0691009186
- Only in America: 100 European Masterpieces in American Museums, 2006, ISBN 978-8876246623
- Académie Française profile (French)
|This biographical article about a French art historian is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|