From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
||This portal is incomplete. Please help to improve it, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
Template:/box-header The 2000s was a decade that began on January 1, 2000 and ended on December 31, 2009.
Globalization, which had intensified in the post-Cold War 1990s, continued to influence the world in the 2000s. The growth of the Internet was one of the prime contributors to globalization during the decade, making it possible for people to interact with other people, express ideas, introduce others to different cultures and backgrounds, use goods and services, sell and buy online, research and learn about anything, along with experiencing the whole world without having to travel. Template:/box-footer
- ...that the first successful partial face transplant was completed in France in 2005?
- ...that even with the crash of Air France Flight 4590, the only fatal crash involving the Concorde, it along with fears caused by 9/11 and a decision made by Airbus shut down the whole Concorde system?
- ...that during the 2009 flu pandemic, in the United States, Texas became the first state to both have both a non-US citizen death and US citizen death?
- ...that when AOL merged with Time Warner, the deal was valued at about $350 billion, which was the largest merger in U.S. business history?
- ...that the crash of American Airlines Flight 587 (pictured) in Belle Harbor, Queens, raised fears of a second terrorist attack, mainly because it took place two months and one day after the September 11 attacks, and also because of the location of the crash site.